engine coolant in tranny oil

creeperxr7

i barely rebuilt my engine just put in 27 miles on it. The other day i was checking all fluid levels were full and come to find my tranny oil is like a milky pink color checked my radiator level and coolant is all red and oily. changed my tranny oil and filter got another radiator but still oil is pink radiator coolant is fine. what do u guys suggest i do to fix this problem dont want to run the car like that becuase might damage tranny if not damaged yet . thanks guys

Don't run the car any, if you have antifreeze in your tranny fluid it will burn up the tranny in no time.

Try taking one of the cooler lines off and running the engine while the system drains itself into a container, when it stops pumping fluid shut it off.
Or have it towned to a dealer or repair center and have them perform a power flush using their machine.

Either way don't drive it, water in a tranny is not good, you might let it sit over night and remove the pan, any mixed water / oil in the pan will settle and the water should be on the bottom of the pan, and will drain right away when you remove the pan, the bad news is that this will not do anything for the 10quarts inside the tranny.

Good luck
Let me know what happens

Tim

RE: Tranny

You really need to get this to someone who can drain the torque convertor and power flush the tranny.

well i did the line disconecting at the radiator pump it out refilled it pumped it out about 4 times changed the filter and gasket twice my oil has less much less water in it now u can actually see the real color of the oil but still kinda milky pink but if nothing else works ill have to drive it to shop and get it power flushed unless it will damage the transmission driving it ill just have to remove the transmission and empty out the torque converter my self. thanks any way guys for the advice

RE: Water in trans

All you have to do to drain the torque convertor is to turn it until the drain plug is at the bottom and then drain it.

Back