Paint Jpbs

smokymance

just thought it be cool for people to share their diff experiences with their paint jobs...reall good ones or bad ones...tell me what u guys think about my LX on a Earl Scheib paint job....can u say primer?

Attachments

• birdy background.jpg
    birdy background.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 246
Just tell everyone....

You were going for that new "satin" high tech finish. They may think you're on the cutting edge and an original thinker.

I'm a bit older, and I can actually recall a neighbor of mine that took a '63 T-Bird to Earl Sheib way back in the late 60's when they advertised a complete paint job for $29.95. His car was baby blue, and he had them paint it white. I still remember when he brought it home; It looked duller than yours and they had barely taped the car off (if at all), there was overspray everywhere on the chrome, the rubber window seals, and the door jambs were never cleaned prior, they just painted over the grime (along with the sides of the seats)...but the funniest part-the tires weren't covered apparently , and instead of taking the time to do that , they must've sprayed them almost white because they had BRUSHED black paint over the sidewall to cover it up! I was only about 10 years old, but I was aghast. Extremely scary.

Trust me, your LX looks like a show vehicle in comparison. :)

resized%20dec%2001%20low%20pro%20side.jpg

id been thinking of painting mine a dark blue with black ground effects, any thoughts on that? i need a new paint job, the school parking lot was hell on my car.

paint job

got the 2 year supreme for 1/2 price at macco 250.oo with clear coat ........very happy.........fast freddie;) ;) :eek: :p :rolleyes:

Back