When I change spindles...

Depends on the the hub you are using. The 89-90 rotors had a smaller center hole and will only fit the 89-90 hubs. The later rotors and hubs allowed for a larger center hole. The later model rotors will fit the 89-90 hubs but will only be centered by the studs and not the hub.

I have KVR rotors right now and wanted to keep them. So from what you are saying is that with those, on my 92', they will fit with the 93' - up spindles.

Re: Spindles

Aaron; I used 93 spindles on my 92 with no problem except for the ABS sensors. As the 93 spindles are thicker the 92 ABS sensors do not stick through far enough and are too short to assure good magnetic pickup from the wheel stators. You can either carve down the 92 pickup mounting flange to get more penatration or try to get some later model sensors with the correct connectors (probably 93s)

Thanks George, long time no talk. Is that stereo with wheels still rockin'? I am very glad to hear I don't have to dump my cross drilled rotors. I just got some dual piston calipers for $35 and now all I need is the spindles and end links. Just did my rears this weekend, cost me a fortune. One caliper got serious screwed up and ground down half a pad, through the metal and started grinding the piston. There was literally no pad left on the inside. I'm not talking no material, there was nothing left. Only took two weeks since i noticed the prob too. Needless to say, $400 later it is working good again. Now time for an upgrae on the fronts. I figure dual piston and cross drilled rotors will stop this beast pretty good. Should only cost me a couple hundred more now too.

Back