fan prob (screw my ford dealership)

turboken

The ford house where i got my head gaskets changed, after charging 1700 buck for hg, head work, ALL new hoses, and related stuff, told me that my fan only worked some of the time.(off, low, and high) the low setting didn't work. they didn't even put a full mile on it for a test drive "we were scared to overheat it"
well, it never gets past half on the guage, but I want a full time fan. what is the best way to do this? ford wants another $465 part and labor, along with the $1400 for the transmission line and oilpan gasket and rear main seal, which miraculously never leaked until the F.ukkin O.verpriced R.epair D.umba##es got thier hands on it. any help? thanks.

ken

Go to AutoZone and purchase the fan motor. It is made by Seimans and cost $99.00 with lifetime warranty.

DIY

Hey man. I got ripped off by a guy named (JASON YARRANTON) here on the board for $20.00 saying he would send me his Multi Function Relay Control box in front of the airbox. So I decided to do it myself.

First I went to the junkyard and got a used male fan connector off of a Taurus or Tempo. It's just like the Tbird ones but it will have an area that blocks part of the fan connector but you can dremel that off easily. Otherwise it is the same connector.
Second is the wires. I relayed my -negative wire like you do for aftermarket foglights, make sure to fuse the +positive 12 gauge wire first! I used a 30 amp but will need a 60 amp (or two 30's parallel) when I do the highpower because of the (2) 30 amp loads. The one black wire with orange stripe is the positive. The other two are negative. One negative is low power, the other is high power. I think that it could be either/or but I think high power is when both negatives are connected. I used a relay and a swich to make the low power go on. I haven't made a relay for the high power yet but I will in summertime when I need it.
So far my gauge is still cool with low fan always on. I made a small metal bracket and put the switch on it and attached it to some dash bolts next to my knees (no dash drilling required). I have total control over my fan now via lighted toggle switches and they look kinda cool to me.

If you try this I hope works for you. Make sure you know how to read the diagrams in your Tbird manual. Oh and I have an aftermarket Napa Siemens radiator fan motor also cause the Ford one burned up (the reason the MFRC module burned up, But it is probably the fuseable link since the fan burned up the + wire but I will check that out when it is spring/summer and when I have time). L8a

yep new fan from ford (250 dollars with my hookup) and im good to go. NOBODY could get it (autozone, oreiley, napa, etc.)

Back