Dr. Fred?

He answered one of mine last week, and told me he's putting a ton of time into his job, and I know he's also gigging (music) again here and there, and probably not getting to his computer as often. Keep trying is the best advice I can give.

He has been extremely busy with a new product line for his "Real" job. I talked to him last Saturday and he was just starting to get caught up.

He also got a new email address. You might try to see if his web site has the updated one.

I have a motor on the way from him right now, so with that out of tthe way, he might have some free time again!

I'm alive and now the e-mail is, too.

AH - I goofed. I installed cable modem, and in the process fubared my concentric account. I lost a few because I was overflowing the box, unbeknownst, even though it was downloading.

And about forty other crises, too. Snow collapsed roof at work, two to three days travel a week, and a good friend dead of cancer, which is why I covered her boyfriend's gig, so he could be with her as she passed. Funeral ThursdaY, BUT GUESS WHO'S BACK ON THE ROAD. Thank God for my wife.

Right now, I have not been accepting any engine or head work, but still on cams and tunes. And still very much interested in SC's.

The good news is work is calming down a bit. My timeline is about 2 to 3 days on a request, and right away as I arrive home on current work. I don't keep the personal email up at work like I used to.

Best way to reach ...

fredholz@concentric.net now that it works - many apologies, I have been trying to catch up

ps - Jeff your second email was answered this am, prior to the post

Last edited:
Yea, Fred ...you better get that thing runnin & get down here to run it. & bring 92 Bird and Ted, & Ron along too!
Did you see our ET from St Louis?
Michele ran a 13.05 @ 102
& I ran a 13.01 @ 103... them damn 12s are ellusive as hell for us!

Fred, it's good to know that you're alive and kicking. I had an EEC tuner question back at Christmas but the need has passed now. What do you think of the new Hypertech tuner that recently came out? Todd and Michelle, Congrat's on your new times. Where can I see the time slips for the details? I know what you mean by elusive 12's. I'm just so close. My 60' times are coming down and I'll get that 13.0-13.1xx every so often when the air gets chilly enough that I feel like putting on a jacket. I seem to have settled into the 13.2's and usually dial in at 13.25 but it's very temperature dependent. I'm going to get a really good thermometer and start tracking temps to tweak my dial in. I noticed that the Pro 5.0 guys have a big chilled water intercooler inside the car, hmmm, gives me some ideas for those hot summer days ahead. My times climbed into the 13.5's saturday during the heat of the day. I'm afraid to do too many more mods though until next season as I don't want mess up my timing since I'm consistently cutting .5xx lights and am within .15 sec on my dial in.

Hypertech

Only 11 hp on a Lightning ??

99lightning.jpg

Whoa, not exactly cost effective is it. Jerry is supposed to be over here at Higgins Ford Performance in a couple of weeks. I'll go and talk with him when he's there if I can. My original qustion regarded a EEC tuner but the software was only for a V8 and 2.3 and I was wondering if it could be made to work on mine with different software?

Back