New 75MM TB

XR7 Dave

Anyone else tried the Professional Products Mustang 75MM TB? It is much cheaper than the Mustang 75MM BBK that is commonly modified for use with our cars.

It can be found for as little as $150.

Anyone else have it installed?

A bunch of us here in Ontario are planning on giving them a try as well, Dave ... the price is almost affordable even converted into Canuckistan dollars !! We'd also be interested in hearing some impressions from anyone who has tried these units.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

i got one on mine right now. Very nice. Fully polished. The polishing job wasn't 100%, but I made it just as nice as my other hand polished jobs. Anyways, it fits right on, you just need to port the crap out of your stock plenum. I was going to modify the linkage already on there, but then i decided to cut off the stock linkage and I put it on the new one. Then i welded a WOT stop on the linkage so the butterfly sits flat. Easy. After I just double checked the TPS voltage, and it was good to go. OH and it only cost me 160 shipped to my house...vs the 280 plus shipping for the exact fit which is not polished at all.

Ya, I was just wondering what other's experiences were. I put mine on today.

I chose to not replace the whole linkage due to the fact that the 75MM is wider and with the stock linkage on there the throttle cable binds a little. You can space it out, but instead I just cut the necessary tab off and welded it to the linkage they had on there. Then I cut off the extra tabs and it works great, looks clean. Of course I don't have an AOD, so I don't have a TV cable to worry about.

Overall the TB looks good. Mine had the flange drilled a little off, so I had to open the holes up a little so it would bolt on to the MP inlet. There were also some bits of polishing wheel inside the bleeder port that I had to clean out. But I am happy with it.

One thing that is really cool is the adjustable TPS mount. No other TB's have that. It makes it real easy to adjust the TPS even with the TB on the car. Plus they include both gaskets which is nice.

I set the TPS and turned it over, the car fired right up and idled smooth. Can't say the same with my BBK that I used to have! I didn't even have to mess with the IAC bypass screw.

I got mine from Scoggin Dickey.

David

PP-69211 - New Professional Products 70mm POWER Throttle Body for
1994-'95 Ford Mustang 5.0L V8

Part No.
Application
65mm Throttle Body for 1994-'95 Mustang 5.0L V8
70mm Throttle Body for 1994-'95 Mustang 5.0L V8
75mm Throttle Body for 1994-'95 Mustang 5.0L V8

List price:
$224.51
Your Price:
$145.00 + $8.00 S&H

Manufacturer:
Professional Products

Business Name: Scavengers, LLC
Contact Email:info@cnc-motorsports.com
Contact Phone:
605-692-1697

Hey Dave....

I got mine from Hawaii Racing in CA. 161bux to the door...Decent finish work and as you mentioned the Mechanical TPS adjustment is SWEEEET...I also had to reem out the bolt patern a bit for fitment. Damn nice piece IMO...I liked the mustang conversion 70MM BBK I had as well...But I had to change out the TPS after I installed it, I am guessing it was just outta range by a lil bit...Could have filed it down, but just replaced it and had zero problems...Some links for both converted bodies I have...

http://members.tccoa.com/cudaz101/90SCTPSshot001.jpg
http://members.tccoa.com/cudaz101/90SCTPSshot005.jpg
http://members.tccoa.com/cudaz101/ALLYSI00016.jpeg
http://members.tccoa.com/cudaz101/Supercoupe1006.jpg

www.hawaiiracing.com

Cheers

Brad

Check to make sure all parts are included in kit?

I just got one of these 75s and have a question for those of you who have already installed yours. In my instruction sheet it mentions an aluminum spacer between the IAC and the body with extra long bolts, and a plastic bushing for the T.P. sensor. I didn't get these parts but I've put mine together with a IAC and T.P. sensor and I can't see the need for anymore parts for it to work. Are these instructions out of date or what? Did y'all get this stuff and use it? I think they did a redesign on the T.B. itself but the instructions don't reflect this. Mine all fits together as is. My bolt holes won't line up to a plenum either.

Dave could you post a pic of your throttle linkage, I have a 5-speed also. It looks simple enough to change.

Vernon

I don't recall anything about that, but then again I don't tend to read things that closely. :rolleyes:

All I did was cut off some of the extra things and then welded on the tab with the ball on it. That made it so I didn't have to mess with a throttle stop or worry about overheating the shaft. It also lines up better without needing to space out the bracket for the throttle cable.

Attachments

• linkage.jpg
    linkage.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
Thanks Dave, your pic will save me some time. I think the instruction sheet I have is no longer valid.

Vernon

So... I wonder who's mold is off?!

It would appear most everyone who bought one of these TB's is having the same problem in lining up the bolt holes. Maybe someone should contact the manufacturer and suggest they fix their mold for the main TB casting, or their jig rather for the drilled holes.

Otherwise, nice find guys! If I hadn't already bought my BBK 75mm TB, I'd be going this route too.

Best regards,

Sean

Mold being off

I have a magnum powers inlet and a bbk tb. My tb did not fit either. It did fit fine on the factory inlet though. So I believe it is the magnum powers inlet that is off.

I was fitting it up to a loose stock plenum so either way it didn't match. Hey maybe an off TB and off Magnum Powers plenum would match up by accident, that would be a treat.

Vernon

tb

The throttle body is made for a Mustang not a Supercoupe.The holes are not made to align for a T-Bird inlet.It is a very good fix instead of blowing your money on a BBK.

Back