Newbie with some questions

sean05

Hey guys (and girls),
Yes another annoying newbie. I hate them too. ha Ive been looking at the 95 SC and thinking about it being my first car. What you guys(and girls) think? Is it a good car to start with? I dont want a ricey car like a civic. I cant stand them. My dad has a 2000 Mustang, i love it. My aunt had a SC but i cant remember the year i was like 12. It was supercharged. My dad took it out for a drive and he smoked them in it. Thats when i knew i liked this and all "muscle cars." So... Heres my first question. Are the 4.6L V8's also supercharged, or are only the V6s supercharged? I cant tell. Need the experts help. I would also like a stick. What do you think the best year would be to get me started. I like the 95's. I like the body looks. I really like the SC of the month. Well thanks for you help

Sean!!

Attachments

• i-4_b.jpeg
    i-4_b.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 159
That's the strangest looking supercoupe I have ever seen.

Only supercoupes had the supercharger and only on the V6.

Any year from 89-95 can be had with the 5 speed. There were only 400 something 5 speed cars made in 95 so they are a little harder to find. Look at the FAQ, it will tell you everything you need to know about differences between the years.

As far as being a good starter car I would say no. If you like working on your own car then maybe, but if you just want something to drive and not work on then I would look to something newer or cheaper to work on.

Jeff

Last edited:
yes

Ill second his opinion. also, remember the 94-95 Sc's have 20 more horsepower and some more torque than the 89-93's. good luck
Damon oh and i believe there were 574 5 speeds made in 1995 J57ltr :D

if you think of a car as an implement to get you from point A to point B, then pass on the SC and get something 'sensible', but if you are a 'car guy' then the SC is your car!......and if you start out with an SC, workin on it yourself, then in the future when you work on any other car, you'll wonder why they made everything so easy to get too! :)

Seriously, i've had over 20 cars and my SC is by far my favorite so far....

Back