White face gauges install

curse

I understand everything up to removing the needles on the stock gauges. Do they just pop off using a fork and go back in once the new gauges are installed. I read something about realignment of the needle?? What is that about? How hard is it? If anyone has a walk through, that would be great. The car is a 94 SC if that helps. Thanks for any input.

P.S.

I got the gauges from Scott Hrbacek over at the TCCOA, great guy and offers a great product. He can make any style of gauge you want including the Bullit style gauges from the Bullit mustang. Just a heads up. Here is the link http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?threadid=14271

ProCarParts.com has some also....

they are $50 on their website but you can get them for $25 on ebay.....

I want those gauges on that site....the white with the red flames and the thunderbird logo on it.....how much are they.....whoever knows about them please get back to me.....thanks...

go half way down the page and he lists the pricing. You can e-mail him at slhrbacek@yahoo.com and ask him all the questions you want. You can get the gauges the way you want them, color, color of the flames and so on.

Victor

A Fork?

good Idea using the fork..I used thin needle nose pliars but yes they just pop off. Carefull putting them back on make sure your all the way down at your low point or you could get your speed or RPM's off.. are these the plates or the whole guages..if its the plates you can put them right over the black faces I used a little elmers on the spots where the nips are and let it dry over night..your gonna have to remove one or two of the small guages to put a plate on I can't remember which ones you can tell just go slowly..once the glue is good and dry I just reassembled the box and mounted it. I put the ground on a bolt under the dash and put the hot into the light switch recpticle where the red wire with the brownish stripe goes in. I just pushed it in next to the wire then shimmed it in with a piece of aluminum foil folded up to fit ( The tool I used for this was a small standard screwdriver) The wire your looking for if your sitting in your driver seat should be located closest to you on the top in your switch...another hint when you put the handle back on the headlights switch take the clipp off of the shaft and put it inside the handle and push the handle on...much easier that way..
Good Luck,
Rick

Back