T5 Shifter that maintains stock location?

Boss_232

This B&M claims to fit in 89-95 SC's with T5's!
B&M for T5/SC

Anyone try it? How's it work/look/fit???

T5's may not be quite as strong but they sure are easier to find and to service!!

Last edited:
That's a misprint. The turbo coupe used the T-5 the SC uses the M5R2. I would check the part number against the B&M site.

Jeff

if you have a t5 tranny get the mustang pro 5.0, incredible shifter. It's just click, click, click...you never miss third..EVER

If it's a misprint, Jeff, they did it on purpose

'Cuz they clearly state that it will work with BOTH...

B&M Ripper Shifter- the finest short-throw shifter available for the T-5 SCs and Turbo Coupes. Features a stainless steel stick for maximum strength & durability, no "weak-link" welded-on thread areas as found in other shifters, billet aluminum base, billet 6061-T6 aluminum housing for the ultimate in strength. Stick is positioned for dash clearance and features adjustable stops to prevent over-travel. Machined shoulder for locating boot. Retains factory console boot and comes with a B&M limited lifetime warranty.

83-88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe w/T-5 (490-BMM-45050) .... $194.95 ea.
89-95 T-Bird Super Coupe w/T-5 (490-BMM-45058) .... $194.95 ea.

SP Motorsports

Re: If it's a misprint, Jeff, they did it on purpose

Boss_232 said:
'Cuz they clearly state that it will work with BOTH...

B&M Ripper Shifter- the finest short-throw shifter available for the T-5 SCs and Turbo Coupes. Features a stainless steel stick for maximum strength & durability, no "weak-link" welded-on thread areas as found in other shifters, billet aluminum base, billet 6061-T6 aluminum housing for the ultimate in strength. Stick is positioned for dash clearance and features adjustable stops to prevent over-travel. Machined shoulder for locating boot. Retains factory console boot and comes with a B&M limited lifetime warranty.

83-88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe w/T-5 (490-BMM-45050) .... $194.95 ea.
89-95 T-Bird Super Coupe w/T-5 (490-BMM-45058) .... $194.95 ea.

SP Motorsports

I don't get what you are saying.

The T-5 was offered in the turbo coupe (from 83-88) and the part # is 45050

The 89-95 Supercoupe was offered with the M5R2 MAZDA transmission. And the part # listed for it is 45058 which is different from the above part #, this means they are 2 different parts.

I know B&M makes a M5R2 shifter many people have them, but the SC NEVER came with a T-5 and there are no readily available kits for swaping one in so why would a manufacture make a part for a car that doesn't have the equipment installed.

Jeff

I wasn't saying it, Jeff. I cut and pasted what was on their website

I was being misled by the misinformation on SP Motorsport's site.
A quick verification on B&M's site set me straight.
It's late and I get more gullible when I am tired. ;)

I was confused over your statment "'Cuz they clearly state that it will work with BOTH... "

I saw 2 different part #'s so I was confused.

Jeff

Back