PDA

View Full Version : Rebuilding Trans. What to go with?

91BLOWNSC
04-15-2003, 01:44 AM
Alright guys, I have a friend who is really good at rebuilding transmissions, and hes going to do mine at cost of the parts. The only catch is I have to bring it to him, and the parts. But I do not know where to start. What are my options for my trans. Where would you recommened getting a full rebuild kit, and what type of torque converter is recommended. I want something more geared for performance, without breaking a 20 year olds budget. If you guys could throw me some ideas, that would be great. Or what type of stuff you went with.

SonySC
04-15-2003, 01:55 AM
Watch EBay under Ford AOD. Sometimes you'll see a rebuild kit by ALTO which features Red Eagle clutches and Kolene steels. If you can get one of these for around $100 to $125, it's a good deal.
If you are planning on driving your SC everyday on the street, in traffic, then stick with a (low stall) stock spec torque convertor. There are several good brands available running from $150 to $300. Also go with a medium priced shift kit. (If money is no object -Go with a Lenco)