Rebuilding Trans. What to go with?

91BLOWNSC

Alright guys, I have a friend who is really good at rebuilding transmissions, and hes going to do mine at cost of the parts. The only catch is I have to bring it to him, and the parts. But I do not know where to start. What are my options for my trans. Where would you recommened getting a full rebuild kit, and what type of torque converter is recommended. I want something more geared for performance, without breaking a 20 year olds budget. If you guys could throw me some ideas, that would be great. Or what type of stuff you went with.

Watch EBay under Ford AOD. Sometimes you'll see a rebuild kit by ALTO which features Red Eagle clutches and Kolene steels. If you can get one of these for around $100 to $125, it's a good deal.
If you are planning on driving your SC everyday on the street, in traffic, then stick with a (low stall) stock spec torque convertor. There are several good brands available running from $150 to $300. Also go with a medium priced shift kit. (If money is no object -Go with a Lenco)

Back