What should be replaced when doing shocks/springs?

Mike Manzo

I was wondering what other parts I should buy to have installed when the suspension goes in.

I know there are some bushings and crap on the rear end that should be taken care of and as long as they are in there, they should be replaced.

Is what I am looking to replace in the rear end called "Spring Isolators?"

Any thoughts or pointers would be great. I would like to tend to as many items as possible during this process and would like as many new suspension components as I can get installed at one time.

FYI: The upper ball joints/control arms are new (and corresponding bushings) the tie rods are new as the rack/pinion is new as well. 1 1/4 front and rear sway bars will be installed at the same time with new bushings as well.

IRS bushings are suprisingly solid and not squished.

Thanks...

Mike Manzo

Last edited:
Haven't done it myself. But you might want new end links for the sway bars. The Spring Isolators are cups that the spring sits on to keep it centered and positioned properly in the spring mounting area. Over time they are crushed and worn.

The front strut bushings should also get replaced while you are in there.

Looks like you have most items, or have looked them. The rear isolators are a good idea. But for the front, their is a set of isolators too. The top of the strut has them mounted to the mounting cap. As for the bottom of the strut, I think the Mustang one that FastEdn gave me will work, looks really close. Their is no ford part # for the fronts, no MOOG either. I have been looking, but no luck.

What springs and shocks did you go with?

I am close to this as well, I have the Eibachs, and got the rear Bilstein Cobra shocks, with the T-bird fornts. Another guy in the SCCoO did this too, the car handles AWESOME!!!!!!

Tokico setup...

I went with the Tokico shocks/springs..

I have the Eibachs and Tokicos on my 93 and wanted to give the Tokico linear springs a shot

I need to see about the bushings and things for the front..

I dont want any noise...

Back