Sometimes Stalls Out

Joe90SC

I have a 1990 Supercoupe and have a problem where I will drive the car awhile and it get up to operating temp and it seems to be during the spring and summer season while driving around town with alot of stop and go. I will then shut off the car and go to a store. This is where the problem starts. I then come out and start the car and it idels rough and then stalls out and it keeps doing it. If I keep my foot on the gas pedel and get the car moving it straightens itself out. A few years ago when I took it into the dealer for them to look at it, they said it was the throttle body. They said they cleaned it and that it should run fine. Once again I am having the same problem. Any suggestions would be great.

mine does it too

it does the same thing and if i hold the gas pedle to about 3000 rpm for a minute or so it is fine, my friend has my car now so if anyone can help it would be great so that i can get it fixed

thanks
matt

You could try cleaning your IAC. Its a black case on the side of the throttle body. You can remove it and spray brake cleaner in and around it to see if it helps. DO NOT TOUCH the diaphragm with anything though; it can rupture and cause your idle to race.
Also, you might want to check your engine mounts. If the engine is resting on the subframe due to collapsed mounts, it can cause a low idle.

Im saying vacuum leak. My car did that since the day i go it, and I just fixed it 3 weeks ago from the info that MR. VERNON posted on the "how to find leaks" The IC tubes were leaknig like a motha........ Start the car and listen carefully for any hissing noise, and wiggle the IC tubes a bit. Hope you can fix it soon because I know it is so fustrating.

well..

My SC, along with my buddys also does this. I have came to the conclusion that the gas in the fuel rails boils, and vaporizes causeing the temprary rough idle/stalling. I don't think its anything to worry about.

Back