apparent overheating problem

9349petesc

Hopefully someone out in sc land can help me out with this. I recently purchased a 93 sc and the car seems to run hotter than any other car I've ever owned. I've flushed out the system and changed the thermostat but the problem remains. The temp needle is three quarters before the fan comes on. As I've noted, I've never owned a sc before so I'm not sure if this is normal or not. Help if you can.
thanks, Peter

In a stock Supercoupe, it is normal for the gauge to go just past the M in NORM before the low speed cooling fan actually turns on. When fan operation ends, the needle should then be about between the R & M.

Many report using Redline water wetter products to reduce internal engine temperatures successfuly. It is believed Ford designed the SC this way to reduce emmissions output.

lol thats a good question; I have wondered myself. Autozone apparently does not carrry them, but they must be available somwhere online if nothing else.

I work at Canadian Tire here in Canada and we order performance parts from a company called Keystone . They ship most products from the US. I have been trying to order water wetter but they will not ship chemicals over the border ( 9/ 11 maybe or war ) I used a product called Tow Cool made by Prestone (I think). It works good . Hope this helps .

Back