Oil cooler line

Not so bad...

1.Drain coolant
2.Loosen top clamp (at pump)
3.Remove retaining nut (middle of the steel part of hose)
4.Loosen lower clamp (at cooler)
5.Remove hose
6.Repeat in reverse order
I had to remove the belt so I could get my ugly mitts in there and I also had to cut the old hose off. Just make a short lengthwise cut at the connector and they should come off.

Good luck...it's not as bad as you may have heard,
Anthony

p.s. If you need a Part# let me know...they gave me a really hard time trying to find the part...also, don't forget to bleed the air out of the cooling system while refilling.

Ford p/n is E9SZ 6N866 A ... not sure why your local dealer would have such a tough time finding that ... just go to the engine section of the parts catalogue, there is an illustration, 'Oil cooler, filter, and related parts, 3.8 SC' ...

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Hey Ed...

I don't try to justify the logic of the parts guy...He was working hard to find it but after 35 minutes he was ready to give up...until he picked the hose up again and found the pn on the steel part of the hose I brought him :p

Anthony

p.s. This was after being told buy the generic vendors that the part didn't exist...While staring at the part, one of the part house guys told me that Ford never made such a thing :mad: In his words "Ford never did that, oil and water don't mix kid" I was not impressed.

Back