overheating???

9349petesc

I recently purchased a 93 sc and it appears to be overheating. The temp guage runs between 1/2 and 3/4, sometimes a bit higher before the fan turns on. Is that normal, and if not what can be done.
thanks,
pete

That is pretty normal. Both of my SCs will hit right at M before the fan kicks on. The fan only kicks on when sitting still. To try to get it to run a little cooler you can put in a 180' Thermostat but the fan won't kick on until the same time unless you get an EEC tuner or chip to make that change.

Bob

as long as your temp is constant with no large fluctuations you should have plenty of coolant. If you get low in these cars it's pretty hard the get the air bled from the system. Does the temp stay low when going down the freeway?

Jeff

Im on my second sc, after owning a 92 z28 25th any. Camaro I went back, I can not stand the high temps that the sc runs, I directly wired the fan so it runs all of the time, put a cool thermostat in it and it runs at the N on NORM, and with the ac on does not go much above it, it seems really nice but it probly does not make that much difference.

Brent Molthan
molthanb@hotmail.com

Back