PDA

View Full Version : Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Illinois Chapter!!!!!!!!!

DrFishbone
04-16-2003, 10:10 PM
everybody that's interested please reply!!!! we need a chapter to call home!! tell everyone, spead the word! get some posts!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

derrktor feeesh

ben m
04-21-2003, 09:06 PM
that would be awesome! i live in evansville and it would be cool to go to car shows with numbers behind us! it always seems like im the only guy who has an SC and knows how to use it!

agutsechicken
04-29-2003, 08:54 PM
that would be sweet why does indiana always get looked over? what do you (sc comunity) feel about non stock sc's im looking at getting a ati super charger for mine im just woundering what your guy's feelings are on this side of sc's

DrFishbone
04-29-2003, 10:45 PM
i don't think many people at all would mind you modifying your car...being that well over 50% of the sc's around here are modified :D that's for replying man!!!

Matt

KEEP THE REPLIES COMING FOLKS!!!! :D:D:D:D

ben m
04-30-2003, 11:12 AM
yah, did you see my mods? that's just the beginning! lets get this thing rollin! i would love to have a track day soon, as long as i can get my car runnin right that is.
ben m

agutsechicken
04-30-2003, 08:59 PM
oops i meant that my bird isnt charged as of yet its just the simple 3.8 but from what you guys say i guess its not a problem:D

DrFishbone
05-01-2003, 12:36 AM
well if THAT'S what you're doing..... nah :) have you considered just buying an sc? unless you're getting a used or really good deal on an aftermarket supercharger....it'd probably be easier and cheaper to just buy a good ole supercoupe! you'd get plenty of higher performance parts on it that way!! anyways, either way, no problem, glad to have you!! :D

derrktor feesh

agutsechicken
05-01-2003, 11:32 PM
well sc's around here are few and far between and i already have the bird and i can get a super charger for the price of a sc around here:D but anyway thanks warm welcome:)

Michael Mattix
05-08-2003, 09:57 AM
I used to live in Indianapolis and travel there frequently and now I live in Lexington, KY, so I would love to hear about some local get togethers!

Mike

DrFishbone
05-09-2003, 10:22 PM
great to here from all you guys! how many more bashful folks in the area are out there????? :D i've got some tweakin to do on my sc before it's ready to get going....need some egr parts :rolleyes: i'm beginning to hate the egr system....:rolleyes: oh well, it'll happen before too long!

derrktor feesh

bentley801
05-10-2003, 10:43 PM
heck yea man i would love to see a chapter in this area. im in northwest ohio, and just bought a 90. lata matt

DrFishbone
05-11-2003, 11:28 PM
counting two guys i know, we've got 8 peeps so far. i believe i talked to two other guys in another post a few weeks ago in IN also...so there's at least 10!! :D:D:D:D

Matt

v8killr
05-16-2003, 02:25 PM
You guys aren't that far from nashville,Tn.
Keep me updated on what you guys have planned and i'll try to jump in,depending on where you guys meet and so forth.
Dave

DrFishbone
05-19-2003, 01:39 AM
does anybody know of a good place somehwhere around here to meet up and hang out for a day of weekend or something?? :confused: maybe before too long (i hope:rolleyes: ) my sc will be ready to drive across the country if needs be! hehe

Matt

bentley801
05-19-2003, 04:11 PM
dont you guys have any drag strips down there? i guess goin down to your area would be the best idea for all.

Michael Mattix
05-19-2003, 09:42 PM
I guess you guys are right. We need to draw a dot where everyone is from to find out where the middle is and then find a track! I haven't tried to find a track in Kentucky yet as I have only run mine down Indianapolis Raceway Park three times in one night. Pretty dissappointing times if you ask me, but it's probably my fault. I would be more interested in doing a mid-ohio track day, but don't let that spoil anyone's 1/4 mile interest. Mid-Ohio probably wouldn't allow us to run our cars around it. I would also love the "hanging out" idea just as well. Just as long as it isn't too far away. Is there any kind of car show happening on the outskirts of Louisville, Dr. Fishbone? I think the only thing happening here in Lexington is horse races (yawn and not my thing).

gd_godbey
06-02-2003, 07:44 AM
SCCOA member # 1657 from West Virginia looking the nearest chapter or one that will accept members from the mountain state. P.S. The SC is perfect for the curvey mountainous roads in WV.

white 93 SC 5 speed with 150k miles and going strong.

silversc90
06-07-2003, 08:57 PM
we go to muncie dragway, nice laid back track. test and tune on wed. 10 bucks to run 5 to get in with trophy racing. real racing on sat. with special events on sun. and fri. it cost more to get in and race on sat. and special events. my son made 10 passes the other night.

Tgransbury
06-22-2003, 02:03 AM
Just found this thread, Im in Plainfield IN... bought a 90 sc 'bout 3 or 4 weeks ago, been tuning it up ever since, would be nice if I/we found a track to tune/race on... or just met up with some people who could help me out along the way maybe, anyway, don't know of any great tracks or empty stretches of land that could help out sorry bout that. Later on

bentley801
06-22-2003, 03:08 PM
hey muncie is a good track, and if by some maricle i get my car back together and actully running for more than a week, i be down with gettin a meet together at muncie or hell, yall can come over to national trail raceway. its a good track $5 for t&t on fri, 10 for grudge racing on weds. anyway lets get somthin together
lata matt

DrFishbone
06-24-2003, 12:33 AM
i'd love to try out on a drag strip, but the way things are going for me so far this summer...i don't have time to go anywhere! :( been working on peoples' cars left and right, and working full time on second shift as well! never know though....if anyone is taking their sc somewhere, whether it be a strip, track, show, why not post on here? maybe i or one of the other fellas that've posted so far will be able to attend as well! not much will go on around here, and i don't have any buds that are big car tuners or anything yet...so i'm not clued in on what's going on as far as stuff like that. nevertheless one of these opportunities will work out for me! :D take care all!

matt

davec73
09-20-2004, 03:26 PM
everybody that's interested please reply!!!! we need a chapter to call home!! tell everyone, spead the word! get some posts!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

derrktor feeesh

Hey guys I am a new SC owner from Marion Illinois, A new chapter would be great. I also have another problem I was wondering if I could get help with. My hydro brakes wont work! I have already done tons of work to my 90 SC but can not get the brakes to work! I also have a 1989 SC that I am parting out. Give me a call at 618 579 9321!

DrFishbone
10-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Since Jeff and Jacob both have their threads moving...I guess I should get mine moving again too.

GO Kentuckianohio!!!

or... Ohiokeniana

or......OH -Indianucky

:o

Big_Mike
10-27-2007, 01:11 PM
i dont care what you call it but we need a chapter near here
im in owensboro and theres a few sc's but no one gives a damn about them
or they want 1200 for a beat up peiceo~~~~

Jacob_Royer
10-28-2007, 11:32 PM
I'm in! :)

DrFishbone
10-29-2007, 07:35 AM
i dont care what you call it but we need a chapter near here
im in owensboro and theres a few sc's but no one gives a damn about them
or they want 1200 for a beat up peiceo~~~~

I think this is pretty typical anywhere you go. One of us just needs to make a movie with a "cult following" that has a souped-up super coupe in it. Then maybe we'd see some more members! :)

Jacob_Royer
10-29-2007, 01:00 PM
Wonder what has to be done to actually get a chapter near us ? Sounds like a kentuckiana chapter would be the way to go.. We all need to get together when the tracks open back up and represent!

mywhite89
10-29-2007, 05:03 PM
I would be down for a trip to IRP in indy. Gotta fix my tranny that I broke last week first though!

Jacob_Royer
10-30-2007, 12:16 AM
I'm about 2hrs south of indy...

mywhite89
10-30-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm about 2hrs south of indy...

I'm about the same time North. Very smooth trip

drlance
12-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Hi all,
I'm in southeastern, Illinois. About 2 hrs from Evansville, 2 hrs from IRP
Just northwest of Vincennes.
I have seen a post from an SC owner in Effingham which is an hour west of me.
I just bought an 89 5 speed SC.
I have been doing car shows with my 1979 Ranchero GT so I totally understand being the ONLY one of a vehicle at a show
! Getting together next spring at Huntingburg, IN for their April car show might be fun! Seen cars from Louisville, Indy, E'ville , Owensboro, all converge there.
It's a thought.
Lance

Jacob_Royer
12-05-2007, 04:04 AM
Huntingburg ehh?? thats about 45mins from me... Let me know dates and times i'll bring out the SC maybe the stang to... Bristow indiana has an absolutely AWESOME car show every year and its probably a bit closer for you than huntingburg its every october here is a link http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/jacobroyer/Bristow%20Car%20Show%202007/ thats some of the pics i took down there this year... didnt show the SC should have...

winky
01-28-2008, 01:04 PM
http://www.cincycustoms.com/cintcc/

we are just starting up
if you my e-mail is jake@alexanderequipment.com im the ohio guy

winky
01-28-2008, 01:06 PM
but we are not just sc
and where not a chapter yet who do i need to talk to

CMac89
01-29-2008, 12:51 AM
There's about ten tracks within two miles of Indy. I'm about 10 minutes from IRP.

We do need one of these chapters, so count my vote.

auto alchemist
02-03-2008, 08:26 PM
well i dont have an SC yet but i have a couple 5.0 mn12 tbirds, plus im doing a 5 speed swap sometime soon hopefully so it would be nice to know who lives near me that may have parts :D

TOMAUTO
02-05-2008, 09:32 PM
i live in IL near elgin i would like to see other people and talk to them about there thunderbird

schlarmanm1
04-22-2008, 03:01 PM
I actually run a Cincinnati Tri-state Club called CINTCC. Its not just for SC's but for all MN12 Thunderbirds and cougars we get great discounts and have meeting's and events all the time. The club is for people who live in about mid kentucky to mid ohio and indiana. Really anywhere in these 3 states.

you can check it out at www.cintcc.com

Thanks
Mike

94scthunder
05-17-2008, 08:53 PM
i'm about 20mins away from muncie so count me in.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/bwrstlng3/sideviewsupercoupe.jpg

ScrapSC
05-21-2008, 01:23 PM
sound like something we need to get going. As far as SC's / MN12's there are myself, my wife, my father-in-law, and one other fella in my town I havent met up with yet, but he has an SC and wants to get involved.

We would be in the Georgetown/Lexington area. So you are looking at 4 from here.....:D

ScrapSC
05-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Ohh and as far as I know there are a few going to Mountain Park Dragway in Clay City, Kentucky this Friday for test and tune. If that gets rained out they will be going on Saturday. Not sure if my snout rebuild kit will be here in time for me to go. Plus I have to hook up my LM-1/Auxbox setup.

ScrapSC
05-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Well scratch this weekend at Clay City. Seems that work is taking a couple of the people out of the picture for Friday evening. I dont think there will be much other than Mopars at Clay City this weekend due to the Memorial Day weekend Mopar event....

91scboosted
05-27-2008, 12:55 AM
definately need an ohio chapter. for sure. i live in lima ohio. home to northwestern ohio university. i would love to see some other owners around here and find out some more info on my sc hands on with someone there.

rzimmerl
05-27-2008, 07:56 AM
definately need an ohio chapter. for sure. i live in lima ohio. home to northwestern ohio university. i would love to see some other owners around here and find out some more info on my sc hands on with someone there.

I am about 20 mins from you and I work in Lima. Nice to see someone besides me on the boards from the area.

SCTbird
06-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Can we get some East Columbus love?

baturner0
06-26-2008, 08:27 AM
Bump...............CINTCC.............:D

SCTbird
06-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Bump...............CINTCC.............:D
Already joined. Still looking for some people in C-Bus!

quick35th
09-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Already joined. Still looking for some people in C-Bus!

Hey Sean, Josh, and I are all in Columbus. There are a few other members on here that reside here in Columbus. It would be nice to get something going here in Columbus.

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

SCTbird
09-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Hey Sean, Josh, and I are all in Columbus. There are a few other members on here that reside here in Columbus. It would be nice to get something going here in Columbus.

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

Thats what I told some of the other guys I have already contacted. I think we all need to get together soon. I am thinking of B.D. Mongolian! MMMMM, all you can eat Mongolian, that would hit the spot.

quick35th
09-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Thats what I told some of the other guys I have already contacted. I think we all need to get together soon. I am thinking of B.D. Mongolian! MMMMM, all you can eat Mongolian, that would hit the spot.

Let me know when and where. I'll get my guys together and you get yours. Sounds like the making of a good time.

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

SCTbird
09-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Let me know when and where. I'll get my guys together and you get yours. Sounds like the making of a good time.

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

Did someone say "Dreamgirls or bust" LOL!!!! They have some good car washes. LOL!!!!

quick35th
09-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Did someone say "Dreamgirls or bust" LOL!!!! They have some good car washes. LOL!!!!

If you are buying lol! Strip clubs are to expensive which is why I have only been to a couple of them. But a strip car wash sounds fun :)

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

QuickMustang
09-07-2008, 11:07 PM
Hey what about all of us guys from Wooster, OH? OK, just kidding as I'm pretty sure I'm the SC in this small town, but I would like to have an Ohio chapter. How we can have the shootout in Ohio and not have a chapter for us doesn't make much sense to me...

quick35th
09-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Hey what about all of us guys from Wooster, OH? OK, just kidding as I'm pretty sure I'm the SC in this small town, but I would like to have an Ohio chapter. How we can have the shootout in Ohio and not have a chapter for us doesn't make much sense to me...

Have you ever been to Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course?

Shane
Glynn Motorsports

ScrapSC
10-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Halloween Havoc at Clay City on Friday the 31st!!! www.mpdragway.com

BluCruzer
10-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Yeh, I would like to hear more; I've got two, '89 & '90.; in Cincinnati.

As a matter of fact I'm looking for a body for the '90; it has only 34k orig. miles and runs great. Unfortunately the wind storm a couple of weeks back, put a tree on the roof. What parts do you have from your donor, Dr.?

DrFishbone
10-07-2008, 12:37 PM
Body parts on mine are not too good, if that's what you're looking for... one was rear-ended, the other is a tornado survivor (barely!)

If you don't have access to base-model Thunderbirds, I can get almost anything you need that's not SC-specific. Most SC-specific parts, I do have a couple of from the donors though... anyway, what all do you need?

19TbirdSC91
10-12-2009, 07:28 PM
What ever happened with all of this?

knutrockney77
10-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Macros and I would love to join an Ohio chapter if they ever made one...

cyoder
10-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Hey im from the Mooresville area so just hit me up if you guys get together I would love to come out and learn some new things about the SC.

ScrapSC
10-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Anybody up meeting up at Clay City's Mountain Park Dragway on October 31? There should be a few of us from the Kentucky group going.

DrFishbone
10-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Man, I'd like too...but no extra money and the SC needs a little work from a couple of minor shootout issues still. :(

thunder77
07-23-2010, 08:00 PM
I just bought my 94 SC automatic yesterday and want to join a chapter near me!!!! octoberguy77@yahoo.com

oppie
07-24-2010, 12:54 AM
yeah id love to see a chapter in indiana man i think im the only one around here with a sc man no one around terre haute is in to them but me i love them i have a 94 super coupe man and i love it 2 years ago i repainted it and did a two tone blue and silver and it looks good and id like to take it to some car shows with some other sc's but theres none around let me know what u think thanks oppie

oppie
07-24-2010, 12:58 AM
yeah ill go tell me a lil more bout this place time all that good stuff weite me a message if u would or call or text 812-229-0248 ryan

oppie
10-18-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm all for it

Goldeneagle
10-23-2010, 01:30 PM
yeah id love to see a chapter in indiana man i think im the only one around here with a sc man no one around terre haute is in to them but me i love them i have a 94 super coupe man and i love it 2 years ago i repainted it and did a two tone blue and silver and it looks good and id like to take it to some car shows with some other sc's but theres none around let me know what u think thanks oppie

I'd like to see one close. I'm in the local T-bird & Couger club in Cincinnati A.K.A. CINNTCC, but they have only gottin together 3 times in the last year, and while they always meet at the same place, (thats ok I guess) I would like to see a cruise or meet somewhere else for a change of pace. Get one started and I'm in.:D

oppie
10-24-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm down for it let me know something thanks all....oppie

old_coot
10-29-2010, 11:31 AM
Did you fellows see the thread about a bunch of us getting together at Clay City Nov 7th for the KY Horsepower track rental....The more the merrier
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116359
Check it out and come join us...............Dan

foxback
12-31-2010, 12:15 PM
I have all the supercharger stuff off my 90 sc if anyones interested, just instaled a ho 5.o ! liken the milage and low end tourque, no more downshifting all the time ! Bart at Racecraft !

mellbutler
03-01-2011, 02:07 AM
Anyone interested in getting together and go over what we would all like to do in a club come join us.....
dinner or drinks at Union Jacks pub 465 & crawfordsville rd Indianapolis

March 12 Time?

We have a few things in mind to activities and meets throughout the summer and we are just wanting some input and to let everyone me and get aquianted.

Please if u think u can make it let me know

Melissa

svtbird92
09-28-2011, 01:39 AM
id love to have a chapter

mellbutler
10-03-2011, 02:25 AM
id love to have a chapter

PM me your email..also were r u located?

Mel

stevenwsanborn
06-10-2012, 01:37 AM
I live in the Columbus area. Would love to have a local chapter.

renello79
06-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Did we ever come to a conclusion about a local chapter for Illinois area? And do you guys want to get a meet going, I would like to meet some more of the local sc guy's

mellbutler
06-25-2012, 04:48 AM
I live in the Columbus area. Would love to have a local chapter.

if you are in columbus than the ohio valley guys would be your guys to meet...not sure if they have an official club or not but do have a summer picnic usually:)

keep an eye hear for more info to come!
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125603

mellbutler
06-25-2012, 04:49 AM
Did we ever come to a conclusion about a local chapter for Illinois area? And do you guys want to get a meet going, I would like to meet some more of the local sc guy's

Ill peeps can hang with Indiana peeps or ks/mi guys

we kind of have a group in Indiana