replacing stock subwoofer

Kris

who has replaced the stock sub with an aftermarket 6-1/2 or 6-3/4" sub in the factory box using the factory amp?

thanks

GO WITH THE JL 6.5 subwoofer 4 ohm...that crappy thing from radio shack is just a woofer...not a subwoofer...the JL is expensive but its well worth it!

I have the rodio shack $15-$20 woofer, and it's fine...

Of course I can't turn it up full blast cuz the rest of the speakers are worn out too and crackle. but that sub will annoy the hell outta ya...

If your other speakers are cracklin too, it won't do much good to replace that one with a high dollar unit...

Just keep that in mind...

BTW, how much is JL 6.5??? and where do you get it???
I may need one when I replace the rest of my speakers...but that is low on the ole SC list :D

joew623 said:
GO WITH THE JL 6.5 subwoofer 4 ohm...that crappy thing from radio shack is just a woofer...not a subwoofer...the JL is expensive but its well worth it!

BTW, If I recall correctly you can use a 4 ohm speker in place of an 8 ohm, but not an 8 ohm in place of a 4 ohm...but its been awhile since basic elec...

but I think the originals were 4 ohm anyways...

Yank the whole box!!!....

Slap a 10" right on the rear deck, the trunk is the box, and the stock amp will run it just fine. Blows away the stock woof anyday!!!

Back