Supercharger swap question.........

z90sc

getting ready to swap a 95 blower/plenum onto my 90SC....any secrets/shortcuts I need to know to make the swap easier?Is there a gasket btw the sc/plenum contact surfaces?Any help/ideas appreciated.
Thanks,
z

the only thing you need is the 94-95 inlet plenum to match the square port on the newer sc. the older style has a round port. the vacuum lines are set up a little different but you will know where they go when you match them up. that's all that is different. i have the s-port blower on my 90, the power increase is huge. you will love it.
good luck
joe

Best mod I ever did, I put the new S-model on and the plenum and the difference was HUGE!!!!! That was the mod that got me second gear chirps and let me smoke the tires without even trying. Don't worry, it's a pretty simple job.

There is no gasket between the inlet plenum and supercharger but it has to be sealed with something. My 94 service manual calls for Threadlock 262 (EZFZ-19554-B) or equivalent to seal the mating surfaces. I use the threadlock. I've used it many times without any problems. BTW, I also use it to seal the supercharger outlet (top), and the supercharger mating surfaces.

I am in the process of putting a polished MPII blower on. I also an putting #42 injectors in.

I am haveing trouble getting the fuel rail to seat down far enough on top of the

injectors, to get the clips on .That hold the injectors to the fuel rail.

Is there any tricks to get the fuel rail down to do this,and install the clips.

R.B.

I have lightly lubed the O-rings, put the injectors into the rail, installed the clips and then put the injectors into the heads and then tightened down the rail.

Back