Well, I ordered my 17111 Flowmaster exhaust today!

phils89sc

I have had this kit twice before on two other SC's. I thought it sounded pretty good, but on the first SC I had with the Flowmaster, the resonator had something in it that would rattle around pretty bad so I had sent it back to Summit Racing for a refund.

For this go round, I am eliminating the Resonator and adding a balance tube...for now. I am going to use the 2.25" high flow universal cats (I have emissions testing here in Huntersville) and going to stock manifolds for now. I plan on switching to the 94-98 Stang 3.8L tube headers later though to improve flow some.

Will most exhaust shops mod those headers to fit? Or should I take them elsewhere?

Thanks

Phil

Just got mine

I just got some of those Mustang manifolds and I doubt many muffler shops will do that work for you. Might find some though, call around. I am thinking about cutting off the flange and extending the collector to make it fit. If it is just the flange that hits the steering then it shouldn't be to tough. I also have to cut off a couple of fittings on the Mustang manifolds but it has the bungs already in the collectors. It will make the exhaust pretty clean then too. A straight shot into cats, I have emissions here too, and a flange that is easy to get to. I intend to put the manifold on and run dual 2 1/2 all the way back. I am pretty happy with the manifolds though. The primaries start BIG, snake down but they empty into the 2 1/2" collector cleanly so they should definatley out flow stock. Oh and after I modify the manifold I am going to coat them in and out with a ceramic coating myself and cure it at a local machine shop. All together the headers will only cost me about $100 and then another $200 to modify the rest of my exhaust to dual 2 1/2 all the way back, I will be building exhaust myself. I'd say with my engine it will be good for another 10-15 horses throughout the entire rpm range, maybe a little more on top. Pretty happy with my purchase. Will keep you informed with pics as I do this.

Back