Day/night headllight module?

superchargedSC

Can someone please tell me where the day/night headlights module is? I'm having problems with my high beams and I'm pretty sure the module is the problem.

Thanx

MIke

I just "liberated" a complete setup from an 89 LX. There's a lot of crap to it. There's a sensor in the dash for on/off, the high beam dimmer is the eye attached to the mirror. There are some relays in the system too. What's the problem you're having anyway?

day night sensor

if you mean the sensor to turn the headlights on or off its behind the instrument cluster. if you remove the cluster you will see a little blue box bolted to the top of the dash. if your talking about the sensor to turn your high beams on and off its underneath the the rearview mirror.

Actually you don't need to remove the cluster. I started pulling the cluster on mine then got my Ford service manual in the mail. The dash piece covering the sensor just pops off, no tools required! The sensor is held in by two Torx screws you can remove from the top.

Headllight Problems

Well the problem is that the high beams always stay on, even after the car is off, so every time I turn it off I have to pull the yellow relay from under the hood. Even if I put on the low beams the high beams are still on as well, so all four of the lights are on. I totally removed the the light switch on the steering coloum and the high beams were still on, I thought of the photo cell on the rear view mirror but when the car is off they should go off wheather its light or dark.

There's a high/low relay in the auto headlight system. If it's not getting correct signal or it's bad that may cause the problem. I had the exact same thing with mine when I was installing the whole setup from another car.

The relay is behind the gauge cluster, right side and it's like an inch square and maybe 1 1/2 tall. Kinda back behind the oil pressure gauge.

Back