Any 92 owners got a sec to help a stranger?

51Cards

Hi there... I have a rather odd request.

I'm not an SC owner... and I have had a hard time finding one in my area to get this info. I would like to ask if someone could measure their front bumper ducts for me when they have a moment.

The three measurements I need are below...

Measure.jpg

Many thanks to whoever can do this for me... I really appreciate it. I am looking to use a set of these ducts on my car but I would like some measurements before I order a facia from the wreckers.

Thanks again! (and for those curious... they are going to be used on the nose of a Supra... no flaming! ;) ) Nice to see another active community like we have over at SupraForums. I have always been a fan of these cars... I think I'm going to have to browse a bit to see what some of you are running.

Edit: What other years have the same ducts? I think 91 does... 93 too? Thanks :)

Last edited:
Sorry,can't help you with the measurement (I have the new style front end)but the years you are looking for are '89-'93 SC's or the '92-'93 LX front bumper cover.

Kind of rough figures on the full length, it curves around the bumper:

A: 24"
B: 10 3/8"
C: 3 1/2"

Using the bottom right corner for reference, it's not a straight up line, but points into the middle of the bumper.

Need to see you finished product!
Please use a bumper from 92-93, the earlier ones aren't made any more with the SC in the middle and aren't easy to find. ;)
Mine is a '91, but I think the ducts are the same, it's the embossed SC that was dropped in '92.

HTH

Thanks for the info... I really appreciate you guys helping me out! I had been looking to add a set of ducts to the bumper for awhile and was going to fab them from scratch. The other day I saw the front of a T-bird and realized those were almost exactly what I was looking for. However it would have been a little hard to stop the guy in traffic so I could measure ;)

I can give you a preview of the final product... a rather hastily done photoshop... I knew the look was what I wanted but the ducts in this picture are not 100% to scale. I will be sure to post the final product when it's complete in a couple weeks.

newducts2.jpg

The car is in the final steps of a 1JZ swap (a 2.5L twin turbo engine never sold in north america) and is also receiving a Blitz twin turbo upgrade kit. The intended use for the car is summer road course fun so the susp, brakes, etc are being set up accordingly. When all is said and done it should put a solid 550rwhp on the ground. (the setup is good to 700rwhp @ 32psi but I'm not a fan of running anything at 100% from a reliability standpoint.... plus that's just nuts hp... and I value my life ;) )

If anyone is curious feel free to check out my very out of date site at http://www.autosoftsys.com/supra/pics/ and once again I appreciate the help. Thanks!!

(And I'll be sure to use an LX bumper ;) If I do come across an SC in my search up here I'll let you guys know)

Trick bumper idea! I like it. Nice car too, sounds like a great project. That car's going to fly.

Back