Sub-frame connectors

GovernsSC

Is it possible to put them on. If so, does anyone have any pictures of them and possible dimensions for them.

i don't know if any manufacturers make them for sc's, i'm sure you could have them made though. contact a sheet metal place, i'm going to. you just gave me an idea. i'm always lookin for a way to make my sc tighter. my hat is off to you as a fireman. i think firemen should be paid more than policemen,as your job is crazy! you got some balls to be able to walk into a burning house knowing you may not come out. god bless.
joe

I've got subframe connectors on mine, don't think I've got any pics though :-( They have to be a custom job because they need to be quite a bit longer than the ones they use for mustangs. Just a warning though, if you are going to change out your fuelpump ever, do it before you get the subframe connectors put on, I'm going to either have to get mine cut or removed in order to swap my fuelpump.

Paul

Thrty5thSC said:
my hat is off to you as a fireman. i think firemen should be paid more than policemen,as your job is crazy! you got some balls to be able to walk into a burning house knowing you may not come out. god bless.
joe

Thank you, its not the most glamoures job out there, the motor vehicle accidents are the worse.

:-( They have to be a custom job because they need to be quite a bit longer than the ones they use for mustangs

This is not a problem, Iam an engineer for IBC as well. So I can make anything that is out there. I just made a stainless steel intake tract for a honda prelude. I will be making all the inlet tubes for the SC soon.

Did the subframe connectors work good, did you notice a difference in the handling, like you do on a mustang.

Car did seem to be a bit more responsive with the subframe connectors. I actually didn't have the car for too long before I had them put on ... and at the moment the car is all blowed up ;-) until I get the engine rebuilt. I had them put on hoping that they would help take some of the twist out of the frame... and hopefully after this rebuild there will be enough twist getting into the frame for the connectors to be of some use ;-)

Paul

The SC is a prime candidate for subframe connectors. Johnny Langton makes a whole set of subframe connectors and both front and read subframe bracing. It makes a big difference to our cars as they flex like mad if you have any suspension upgrades. I know of several people who have had problems with breaking windsheilds and cracking floorpans. Check the TCCOA for his web site.

I don't have sub-frames on either of my SCs. But, I had them welded onto my Mustang and they were the best suspension mod that I did. They made the car ride much better and they brought all of the other suspension upgrades together.

Bob

Back