Power seat track swap??

MTTod

My 90 has a power driver's seat and a manual passenger seat. I've seen several power seat track assy's for sale. Anyone know if you can remove the standard track and bolt on the power track setup?

I know you have to get the switches, power wiring and plastic side cover but anything else? There's an 89 here with a power passenger seat I can grab if it looks like it will work. Problem is the yard won't let me pull the thing unless I'm buying the whole seat. Thought I'd post the question here and see if I'm wasting my time.

I have a thread asking re;lated questions!

I have both power seats, and want to know if they are identicle, minus the power componants.

My drivers seat is worn out, and the cushioning is flattened out over time, I'm a fat bastard, and I beleive the prior owner was also a fat bastard, as the seat was like this when I got the car!

I'm fixing to get semi-custom covers for em, and I want to replace that foam part (or even whole botom part of seat if neccessary) prior to recovering.

Let me know if you get that seat, and if it is identicle (and if the driver and pass seats are the same) and I can pffer ya a few bucks if you end up with a good bottom part of a seat...

MTTod, my 95 SC came with a manual passenger seat that I converted to full power. All I had to do was swap in a power seat track in place of the manual one and it was a perfect fit meaning nothing had to be modified or anything. The power was already there because the manual seat had power bolsters. It's really very easy to do.

Back