Detailing Time!

BlueThunder90

Last week-end, after some research on the SCCOA and many other sites, I decided to spend my day detailing the exterior of my SC.

So, the products I use are:
1. Ultra Dawn dishwashing liquid (takes the old wax off)
2. Mothers Clay Bar
3. Mothers Sealer and Glaze
4. Meguiars Gold Class wax (The only polymer wax that Canadian Tire sells on the shelf)

Tools:
1. Tons of clean rags
2. 10" Orbital Buffer

detail1.gif

The Mothers clay bar is much smaller than expected, but it does the job. Some areas of my car were very smooth, but for those with contaminants in the clear coat, you can feel it take the roughness away.

After using the Mothers Sealer and Glaze, the car looked amazing. The pics below are WITHOUT wax and the car is as smooth as a baby's ***. Remember, this is 13 year old paint!

detail2.gif

detail4.gif

Do we have any other "anal" detailing people in the SCCoO like myself?

Looks Great! You can see down the street in that reflection. :eek:
Do you think that using the clay bar made a big difference? I was wondering if I should use it too.
I have my Dawn, the Meguiars 1,2,3 step cleaners/waxes and a polisher ready for when ever the weather starts to look decent. :cool:

Steve,

She looks great!!!

...It is a labour of love though, eh?!

I've got an off-topic question for you. I'm curious as to how you managed to post multiple pics in the one post, with text in between. Is that done by hosting the pics elsewhere, and then simply referencing the images' links? If it is, then I've gotta get me a website where I can host my pics from. Ron DiPaola is probably cringing at the space and bandwidth that all my picture posting is costing us/him.

Cheers,

Sean

Car2n: Thanks :) The clay bar made a big difference in the areas where you could feel the "grittiness" of the particles in the clear coat. The hood was pretty good, but the front where the bugs and rocks hit needed it pretty bad, as did the front bumper, and many other places. You can actually feel the stuff coming off as you go.

Sean: :) Thanks again.

As for the pictures....since I use Rogers high speed, they give you 10mb of webspace for hosting for each email account you get and you're allowed 7 email accounts. Maybe I should use one of my accounts and name it "sccoo_pics" and everyone here can have access to it and post pics. What you think?

I figured you were probably using linked images, and I'm familiar with how to do this, but I was hoping you guys were going to tell me that you've found a way to do this using vBulletin's image upload functionality.

...Oh well.

Thanks,

Sean

Bill, if you're referring to me.....they were supposed to be in on Wednesday. As of Saturday morning, we were told they were held @ customs....apparently this war is putting quite the strain on parts coming from the US or overseas. I had a friend wait 2 weeks for a grill insert from Detroit!

I should have them "sometime" this week.

I'm dying to get them on :D

Mille Miglia's :D

mm11plus.jpg

mm11plusside.jpg

I was looking at getting a set of Foose Lusso rims as they make them for the SC's.....too much $$$ though.

Last edited:
Steve,

I think you're going to have to do the brake upgrade thing now, since the stock rotors are gonna look pretty dinky behind those wheels!!!

Nice choice though. What are the dimensions for those Mille Miglia's? ...17"x9"?

What do the Foose Lusso's look like?

Cheers,

Sean

Sean, you must be able to read my mind :)

I have a set of 4 custom slotted and drilled rotors on the way. I ordered them last week cause currently, mine are in need of pads, so I figured I would do the whole job at once. :D

I got the 16"x8" rims, simply because I have new rubber and don't really want to spend the premium for 17" tires.

Here's a picture of the Foose rims:
lusso_car.jpg

Nice choice on the rims Steve ... I had considered those before ordering my Fittipaldis ... :)

cheers
Ed N.

Back