Sunroof Woes...

Mitch90BlackSC

Anyone know an easy way to fix or adjust the sunroof? Mine doesn't open properly anymore. It doesn't close up tight and it won't come down all the way and slide back fully.
Could the motor be shot?

I'm no moonroof expert but sounds more like adjustment or crap in the tracks. I'd try cleaning out the tracks and greasing them along with the linkage. Mine hung up until I did that.

There are adjustments shown in the factory manual but I don't know exactly what they are.

My sunroof occasionaly sticks, especially at lower temperatures. In my case, the rubber has aged just enought to become very sticky. It still seals well, so I attempted several lubrications to ease it. First do not use lithium grease, after about a day it makes it much worse. My most successful attempt so far has been with dry graphite powder, in a tube. Get some from your hardware store. It may even be better to get the graphite powder mixed with oil, as its much easier to apply. This has lasted me about a month w/o problems so far. Spread it all over the rubber, & clean/oil your tracks. The problem should dissipate.

You may also want to check the drainage holes incase they have debris in them.

how do you guys think i can fix mine
mine is tilted up in the front left corner and i can't get it open to try to lube it or get it on track
i can hear the sunroof motor going though but it won't move

Back