airbags?

Thrty5thSC

how do you repack the airbags in a 94 bird? can you just buy the covers and not even use the airbags? i can get a complete intierior out of a 94 for 100 bucks, but the airbags ar popped. dash, console, door panels in grey for a buck sounds like a good deal. it's nice except for the airbags.
joe

airbags

You can't repack the airbags. If you can repare the airbag door or replace it, you could just take the airbag module out and leave that space empty. Your car would be about 20 lbs. lighter without it. As long as you wear your seatbelts, your as safe with our without an airbag.

One thing to watch out for is that passenger airbags are pretty powerful, in many intrument panels I've done airbag deployment testing on, we find that the structure of the IP is bent up after the airbag deploys. Sometimes it is nessesary to replace the whole IP if the passenger airbag goes off. You'll want to check behind it to be sure things aren't all bent.

yah, i wouldn't mind not being able to use the bags because it's going in a 90 witch doesn't have them anyway. but it is possible to fix the bag doors on the pass. side?
joe

Back