Help me Disable the Stock Alarm!

AaronPierre

Ok, i got a new alarm. For some reason i have the problem of the stock alarm going off all the time now (cause of the automatic door locks or something on the new alarm, who knows).

I just want to disable the old alarm from sounding.
How can i do this?
what problems will this cause?

please help!
Thanks!
-Aaron Pierre

who put in your new alarm- why didn't they take care of the old one.

anyway.

lets see
open trunk, pull carpet down from left side, expose black plastic cover thingy. remove round clip holding it in place. its a two piece clip remove carefull so you don't break it.
i think theres two electronics module in there, one is the alarm- you should be able to figure it out. unplug it.

put stuff back together.

side effects- none i believe.

jim

Whoever installed your alarm messed up. There is a factory disarm wire that should be connected. I forget the color but it is found both in the driver's kick and in the trunk. I want to say dark green/purple but I'm not sure. Don't unplug the factory alarm, make them do the job right. Having two functional alarms is cool.

i got the alarm through my buddy's cousin that doesn't speak english, so i couldn't even really talk to him.
But anyways...

Dave, how come i shouldn't unplug it? it seems easier to do.

Otherwise i'll have to contact my friend and get the guy to come back out and disable the other one, and who knows if he'll know what he's doing.

let me know.
Thanks!

PS. two alarms doesn't work for me cause i never know when the factory alarm will go off. If i keep it i will have to unlock the doors with the real alarm, and then use the Key or Keypad everytime just to disarm the factory alarm (which is a hassel in compairison). Right now i THINK the factory alarm is going off IF i lock the door by hand (which i used to have to do) when exiting the car before i press the button on my alarm to auto lock. The other way i THINK the alarm goes off, is IF the passenger door is opened before the drivers door. I am still unsure if these reasons are setting the factory alarm off or not, but that is my current Guess.

Last edited:
You can unplug the factory alarm, but if it is interfaced correctly then you set both alarms with your new remote and disarm both with it also. It is nice to have both if you really think that someone might break into the car. It is just more secure that way.

However, if you don't have someone to do it for you, it may be too much trouble.

ok, i opened the black box located in the truck by uncliping the two round clips. Inside there is a greay connection terminal with two connectors going into it, one is marked connection and the other ENG. there is also a black connection terminal, with one connector going into it.

Which of the three is it?
thanks

The bigger black box is the keyless entry. If you pull the box off of the panel Ford was kind enough to label what goes where. :)

Oh Aaron you didn't. Tisk tisk.

Let me look it up. What alarm did you get? If it doesn't have a factory disarm wire you can use the neg. doorlock output as the disarm.

Did your car have the keypad keyless entry (on the door)?

Jeff

sorry Jeff, i wanted to get the alarm from you but this was a last minute thing cause i'm moving out into an apartment in a not so good neiborhood. I should have gotten it form you, then i'm sure i wouldn't be having this problem. (Houstan a far drive for that sorta thing, ya know).

Anyways the car is a 91 with everything. Keypad Keyless Entry, Power Locks all of that.

The alarm is Prestige APS-996. I probally got ripped off too for 300 bucks.
2 way Pager, Vibe/Tone, remote start, automatic door locks, pop trunk, tells temperature inside the car all of that.

I still haven't fixed my problem, waiting to hear back from ya.
-Aaron Pierre

Aaron I need some more time to look but I think it's Dark green/lite green wire. You should have a factory disarm wire. That is the wire that goes to the car.

If I remember correctly the factory alarm will arm when you (or the alarm) locks the doors. The key (or keypad on the door) will disarm the alarm. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while and I can't find my wiring diagram.

About 3 bills is pretty good with pager/remote start/ alarm combo.

Jeff

Back