Stock 55 to 70mm maf question

DarkShard

I have a 90 SC and I'm looking to get one of the later model 70mm MAF units since I can't afford and C&L right now. I know that 91 and higher have 70mm units, but what I can't figure out is which years it is safe to change out.

I've seen posts of people swapping in 70mm units from other years, but one thing bugs me. Since the 94/95 SC's have 36lb injectors, wouldn't the MAF be calibrated for those?

I've been looking through the forums and can't find a definitive answer as to whether or not the 94/95 style MAF is the same as the one on the 91-93's.

Anybody know for sure?

The MAF's are all the same, all changes were made in the computer itself. Just get any one. You can use your stock electronics.

If that is the case, do I have to get one from a SC or will any for 70mm unit do? Those things are laying around all over the place.

You can use the later model MAFS just use your stock electronics like Dave said. I have one from a 94 on my car and it works fine. The tube is the same on all of them. it's just a tube.Also, $30 is a great deal on one of them. I sold 3 on Ebay that went for about $50 ea.+ shipping!

Back