Brake Fluid Leak

boosted89SC

Hey guys, I've had a leak now for like a month. After a good burnout is when it all started. It drips right down towards what looks like a weep hole, down the steering boot and on the cat. I cant figure out where exactly its leaking. It is not the accumulator for sure. I replaced it already cause it was bad, and im sure the o ring is sealed. Its leaking lower than that. It seems like its around the pressure warning switch. Its not the hose or connection of the reservoir, reservoir is fine, seals for the reservoir connection are fine. But it runs below and around the connection of the resivour to the abs assembly but more to the right of it My breaks work fine, i just have to add like 4 oz every other day. Ive wiped everything dry and then it wont leak till after i take it for a spin, then its wet all over again and just cant pinpoint the leak. I know its got to be a low pressure leak cause hard braking doesnt make it leak. i cant even make it leak. It doesnt leak just when the accumulator is charged, it seems to just leak ramdomly. Thanks for the advise and help guys.

There is only so many places it can be leaking from. I don't have any ideas. But I do recall someone having a leak at the pressure warning switch on their car a while back here.

It's going to be leaking from a connection, or a crack in the housing or resevior itself. I know it sucks. Trying to get into that area is such a pain.

I had a similar leak on my '90.
Turned out to be the sensor on the brake line about a foot below the master cylinder, it actually leaked through the switch & out the connector end.
I think the switch is for the A.R.C. (ride control) to measure the brake pressure.
It's easy to see this switch from below.
Hope this helps, Steve

Back