pics in signature

I don't know how mgmt feels about it, but I wish people would just put a link to pic's in their signature. Much nicer for those on dialup, especially when the same person has multiple replies in the same thread, all with the pictures showing up. Takes up a lot of space when the signature is 20 lines but the text of their message is only 1 or 2.

Just my .02

EDIT: Sorry, that wasn't very constructive, was it? I'd imagine that you would do that by going into your "user cp" at the top right of the screen, "edit profile" and check your signature block. Put in whatever info you want, and include the URL for whereever you keep your pictures hosted online. Make sure it's a place that allows linking to the image, a lot of online albums do not. I think TCCOA gives you some space? Maybe here, never looked into it. Once you have the image uploaded, at the album, right click on it and copy the URL for it's location. Come back to your signature, insert that URL in between the tags as follows (but without the spaces):

and it should show up. That's how you add pic's to your posts too, without uploading to SCCOA. Welcome to SCCOA, sorry if I came across negatively.

Last edited:
FOR JAFO!!!

We've got you covered. You should be able to go to your control panel, choose "Edit Options" and then scroll down to "Thread View Options". There you should be able to turn off images and avatars showing up in the threads for faster loading in dialup. The images will then appear as links, just like you want!

LOL! Thanks George. Here at home, no problem, I'm on DSL and 19" monitor. At work, it's dial up and 15" monitor. :eek:

Good moderators we have here.

I was about to down size, I was not aware you had to wait so long for pics.. don't want anyone unhappy..

Good job, George..

Back