Power Sterring cooler leak

layinthesmack31

hey guys. well i noticed the other day that my car was having power steering problems and i just put a new pump in it. and then i seen power steering fluid on my driveway so i went inspecting the lines and i found just a small little nick on the power steering cooler . it is right on the end where it arches and comes back through. i was wondering if there is any way to patch this up or where i need to go to get a new power steering cooler? it is sitting up on jackstands right now in my driveway. and i just dont know if i can seal the small leak or if i have to buy a power steering cooler and if so where can i get one. please any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks
Matt

I can't think if that is low pressure or high pressure. If low pressure you might be able to have a shop braze the line to cover the hole.

There might be some aftermarket units out there that you could swap in it's place if the Ford part is priced out of reasonable range. But I'd check there before messing with brazing it. If it's less than $75 for a new one, it's not worth messing around.

Back