All major car mags review of 89 TBird SC in 1988!

Mike Manzo

I should have read the entire e-bay listing..I thought I was only getting the July 1988 Car & Driver with the Thunderbird SC on the cover..

I got that which details the Austrailian testing of the Thunderbird SC and sneaky pics of the ugly test cars for the stock V6 and the SC! Very cool.

Well, I got that...

I also got the pages of the real reviews from:

Motor Trend, Road & Track and Automobile magazine

I have the Goodyear Eagle advertisement and the huge two-page MotorTrend Car of the Year "Take the road by storm" foldout.

Theres a couple other items, but I have to go through it more..Im gonna scan and post these as soon as I can...

Not bad for like $19 I think....

I have a pretty nice collection of SC stuff now...Like 5 model car kits, 93 Brochure, 94 Brochure and 95 Brochure and now these...This is really cool!

- Mike

Ohhh man... you too? I'm a SC literature addict myself :) I'm sure I've spent at least $300+ on ads, road tests, comparisions, and brochures. It's fun though.

Thomas

I collect SC stuff too. I've got a bunch of mags, articles, two page ads, and 3 model kits. Looking for a never opened 89 model. I found one on ebay but the box was all cut up. So I didn't buy it. I'm gonna go check the big hobby shop by me tomorrow with my fingers crossed. I need to go to the speed shop down the street anyways.

Not bad, you got a bunch of cool stuff. I'd have to dig through my magazine boxes and find all my SC stuff. I'm sure I got one of the protype pics somewhere.

I want a 1992 personally

I have a 93 and 94 and the only 92 model I have I wanna keep in the box...I do, however, want to actually build one.

How much ya willin to shell out for that 89??

I think I gotz me three of those..

My exgirlfriend gobbled up two pity models...I dumped her, she loved my car so I gave her one...

The wierdo still carries a torch for me and showcases the model in a plastic case on a bookshelf...

Man, considering the beeeotch Im with now, I should maybe reconsider, huh...

hehhehe....I got all the woman I need...two beautiful black ones..

1993 and 1994

Nice find Mike. I'll take the woman off of your hands, the one that isn't named a year, well I guess I could get another one of those too. Maby the CMRE one.:D

I need to go to the speed shop down the street anyways

We have a speed shop? How did I miss it? Are you talking about autozone? No really, where?

-Steve

Steve,

The hobby shop I'm talking about going to today to look for SC models is "Bob's Hobbies" in Watervliet. Right down the road is one of the worlds largest speed shops.... LANE AUTOMOTIVE.

I got a new billet aluminum trick stick shifter from UPR and I need to go get a knob for it, so I'm gonna go up to lanes sometime today and check out some of the shifter stuff they have.

Can you believe I have over $300 invested into the shifting assembly on my SC. I am nuts.

Hell up at Bob's you can get wheel sets for models. So I could build an SC and put 1/24 scale Cobra R's, or Daytons, or Cragar SS, or whatever I want on it. Now if I could just figure out how to put a light coat of tint on the models windows..... Trying to replica my car, but I'll buy another one, since my 92 is still in wraps.

If Bob's doesn't have the SC, I might just settle for some Dub City stuff, Impala SS, Escalade, etc...

Mike how about $20.00 plus shipping ($25-$30 total) for one of the first year models? (I guess they are 89's but they just say Thunderbird SC Coupe)

Or I can come get it, I have family in Melrose Park. We have a house over on Lee St. right off of Sherman, over near Target and Best Buy.

I guess I wasn't thinking. I kind of block that place from my head. I guess I am just use to them not haveing anything for any of my vehicles, being that I don't drive anything with a Chevy 350, a Ford 5.0, or now a 2.0 L V-Tech.

-Steve

Well looks like Bob's moved or went out of business. But I did go to Lanes and get a short style Hurst Carbon Fiber shift knob for my new billet Trick-Stick shifter.

Lane's carries BHJ balancers, so I am gonna see if they have a good price on the SC ones.

i never thought about buying some literature and stuff...

thats kick *** man

i still need to get me a lil model kit of an SC

i got all happy when i saw thos on eBay

one day...one day...

Back