Anti-Theft

90sc35thann

Does anyone know how many different codes Ford uses for the VATS (vehicle anti theft system). I know GM only uses 14. Also is there a way to beat these systems?

Ford doesn't have anything close ti the VATS system on a 90 SC. There is a way to beat any system made. What do you want to know?

Jeff

J57ltr said:
Ford doesn't have anything close ti the VATS system on a 90 SC. There is a way to beat any system made. What do you want to know?

Jeff

NOT ANY SYSTEM CAN BE BEAT!!!!! there is only one way to beat the anti theft on cars with the microchip in the keys, an that is to have a master key from the company that will work on any of there model cars.... there is another way however to steal the car. you need to have a tow-truck an just haul it away , but the alarm will still be going off!!!!

what a bunch of wanna b theives.rotfl :)):))

(Edited by moderator)

Some of the first were the VATS system used by GM Basically there was a resistor embedded into the key. One would simply read the value of the resistor and using a relay when the remote start is activated the resistor is inserted in circuit to simulate the key. Jump forward a couple of decades and you have transponders built into the key. A transponder is a device that when sent a signal will return it's own signal. Most transponders operate on the electrical energy that is "sent" to it. When they first came out you would have to use an extra key (sometimes the valet key), or in the case with Ford you just needed the "pill" and someone to program it. Now you don't need one, there are other ways.

Jeff

I personally installed GM Passkey anti theft in my 1990 C1500, pickup (did not come with it ever) I can tell you... it can be beat with a paper clip... and a pair of pliers... I am not going to explain any more. It is not theft proof it is just an anti theft system, and at the time it was the best, because they were the only ones addressing the issuse of theft.

You dealer can not start a pass key car with a master key.... they have a machine that just try "keys" untill the system works... so if you loose the key call a tow truck.

Oh yeah... VATS has never been integraded into the horn and lights or doors. If the system is activated the car just won't start no blowing horn or anything.

Tim

You pretty much have to on a TPI install, unless you have a new chip burned. Ya pass key was a joke but better than nothing. I know it kept the majority of theives at bay... for a while. When you have half a brain you don't need to steal to make money.

Jeff

You tell 'em Jeff! LOL

I would like to know in general terms how to bypass the Mercedes infrared keys though....

:confused:

You got me there Dave, but tell me which model and I will find out for you after I get back from SLC.

Jeff

We are so what??? I really don't appreciate being called a thief, it kinda pisses me off and I am not sure you get it. Just because your highschool buddies think it is impossible to bypass these things doesn’t mean it’s not possible. As I have said b4 I have been installing systems for the last 16 years so I know a thing or 2 about getting around them. You don’t think that people with remote start systems leave their keys in the ignition do you? Well they don’t whether you believe it or not.

Jeff

but if you knew....

if you know how to read then you would have seen that i said that cars without remote starters and have microchips key are NOT something that can be byepast.....
i've installed alarms for about the same amount of time you "say" you have..... i started installing alarms in my friends cars back in 1981 along with lowjack when the were first invented

(Edited by moderator)

J57ltr said:
I know how to read. I said that ANY car can have remote start installed.

Jeff

I just installed an alarm with remote start on a 98 Honda Accord WITHOUT the key. Also:

2000 Ford F150 WITHOUT the key.

2002 Ford F150 WITHOUT the key.

2001 Ford Focus WITHOUT the key.

2002 Dodge Durango WITHOUT the key.

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Without the key.

Jeff

go away

Bow down before the man, Jersey.

Stop digging a hole and admit that you are not a an all-knowing car god and we might not hurt you too badly.
angry-smiley-015.gif

Talon, in people from the tri-state area , admitting you are wrong is not ever ,ever done.
You go Garza :p

Back