fuel injector cleaners/ exhaust porting

stephens89sc

im sketchy about puttin stuff in my fuel like STP and all those injector cleaner but im wondering if theres a good cleaner that anyone knows about that wont hurt the car @ all..... any ideas

also im not driving my car right now, its in storage so im thinking about porting the manifolds.... how do i go about doing that? how much do i port ? and where

3m makes some good stuff. Its in a pressurized can and you hook it up to the fuel rail with a hose. You dis connect the fuel pump and you run the car off the can until its empty( about 5 min). After that, your injectors are like new. This stuff is about 25 bucks a can plus the hoses. I know the dealership uses this stuff, and I was lucky enough to get my hands on the hoses and I work at an auto parts store so its easy to get. Most stores will not have this because its for profession use only. Good luck man...i highly recomend it.

I have no clue... my boss gets its. I'll get the model number tommorrow but the hose set costs like 80 bucks.

I saw it at Napa the other day when I was there. No hoses, just the aerosol can and something to dump into your tank.

Val

i dont think we're talking about the same stuff. This isn't available to the public. And nothing goes in the tank. I've used it before and you run a hose from the can to the fuel rail and run the car off the can only....works the balls

Yeah you're probably right. I just looked at the 3M site and all they have is:

3M Fuel System Cleaner Tank Additive PN 08813 $11.86
3M Throttle Plate and Intake Cleaner PN 08866 $ 4.49

I think this is what I saw at Napa.

Val

i'll get the part number tommorrow at work. I dont know the number for the hose kit, cause I used some from a buddy of mine at the dealership.

I have pics of the work I do on exhaust manifolds, but for some reason I'm having trouble posting them. If you're interested, I can email them to you. Just shoot me an email at rodsv6cougar@cs.com, and I'll send some pics your way.

Basically, you should remove the lip in the collectors by porting them until it blends into the rest of the manifold. I also remove some of the material in the primaries, but you have to be careful not to remove too much. If the metal gets too thin around the exhaust manifold bolt bosses, it can crack. After I'm done porting, I polish everything that I can reach.

-Rod

stephens89sc, I tried replying to your email, but it failed. I'll try again. Do you have a different email address that you'd like me to try?

-Rod

Look into Berryman's Fuel System Cleaner & GM Top Engine Clean. Those two combined and you'll really feel a difference on an engine that could use it.

I'm sure there is someone who can agree.

Expensive, but a 'real' difference!

Anthony

I have also heard positive feedback in response to the use of Berryman's. Where might this brand be obtained? Autozone does not appear to have it..

Back