Lowering Springs..Which ones? Want nose-down look

phils89sc

I am in the market to lower my 89 SC. I don't want it super low, probably about a 1.5" drop, even a 1" would be good for me. I do however want to try to get a slight nose-down look as I despise the back end droop that my car has attained over the years of abuse by previous owners.

I know that however I go that I should replace the spring pads in the back to correct any ride height issues in the rear of the car. Same in the front I guess.

I am not really out for all-out performance in whatever springs I get, and prefer not to spend ALOT of cash, but I also know that you get what you pay for. I like a firm ride, when I want it firm, know what I mean?

If anyone can point me in the right direction or help me out in any way, please do.

Thanks

Phil

I love my Eibachs. TCCOA member price was $190 for mine. Perfectly level, sometimes it looks like the rear is lower but that is because of the height difference of the fenders on most Fords.
Go with Eibach.

Phil,

The H&R springs for SCs lowers the front 1.7" and the rear 1.5". I had to add air bags to the rears to keep from rubbing my tires (255-45-17 on 17" X 9" wheels) with trunk loaded or people in the backseat. So now the rear is lowered only about 1" and the front is still about 1.7".

I kept the stock shocks and the ride feel didn't change.

David

ST's "Suspension Techniques"

Not the ones on ebay for 75bux or whatever....THey do run around 140-160 I believe..."Not Bad"...Jason Marsh ran them and said they were nice and stiff, gave a nice even profile for the car and were an obvious choice for price. I got Eibachs, but my car is still on jackstands so I have no idea how they work or look...lol...But if I had known of the stiff ride quality and the pricing of the ST's I would have gone that route for the rigid ride and low price...

Cheers

Brad

Mike Puckett said:
Put Tokico lowering springs on the rear, 1 1/4", and Eibach's or H&R's on the front 1 1/2".

Where can you buy the front and rears separately? All I've seen are kits for all 4. What you're talking about is just what I'm wanting.

D'OH!
Well, the H&R seems to be about the same thing, only lower.

Besides an alignment, is there anything else to be concerned with when lowering a 12 y/o car? I'm assuming the shocks compress enough and no bottoming out?

Entering a humped driveway can be a problem as well as speed bumps in a parking lot or a residential street but otherwise I've never heard of any problems. With my Tokicos 255/50/16s clear just fine as well.

Back