bad temp gage (I think)

troutfly69

The temp guage on my 35th isn't working. I could be the cluster, because the speedo is erratic and the odometer doesn't work either. I checked the connections on the back of the dash and on what I think is the temp sending unit (top front of the engine by the thermostat) and they seemed okay. I can't find a SC at any of the local junk yards (Va Beach area) to do a swap out. The fan will run when the A/C is on. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks!

There's just 1 single wire on the sensor near the t-stat that powers the dash guage and has nothing to do with the fan temp sensor. That wire gets brittle and breaks or the sensor could be bad, both are easy fixes. You might check and tighten the grounds under the dash for the odometer, but if everything else works, that may not be the cause. Good luck

Make one out of a ring terminal and bolt it onto the sender (it's threaded). I don't know what size the threads are you will have to find out. When I did mine I rummaged through my "magic box of bolts". It seems to have every piece of hardware I need.

Jeff

Trout the sender might be bad, try rubbing the connector around.

PS the gauge from an LX should be the same.

Back