MMFF is covering the V6 Ford Challenge AGAIN

V6Sprout

Yes sir folks, we secured MMFF coverage again this year, just got word today. They are also looking into sponsorship for this years race but that is unknown as of yet, but this is great news, we are getting coverage again and this years race is gonna be bigger and better then ever!!!!!

OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!!

MODS: I posted this in the events forum as well but thought I would put a note here to get more exposure as this is a HUGE V6 event getting coverage and want as many people to know about it as possible.

race website is www.v6ford.net

We have 3 SC's pre-paid so far and and anouther 8-9 hoping to attend. Pre-payment deadline is May 1st but you can also pay at the gate. Cash only at the gate but pre-payment can be made by check, MO, or Paypal.

More detialsonthe race website or feel free to email us at v6fordchallenge@hotmail.com

This should proove to be a very large and successful event this year. I will be there with my car, along with a dozen or more Ontario members. We are also expecting a few people from Michigan and New York state. This is a great opportunity to race within a V6 class ONLY, and to race for prizes that will include performance parts, and even cash. This is also a great chance to have your car featured with the special coverage article by MM&FF.

If you haven't considered it yet, now is the time to look into it!

were is the event? i am from ny and would love to be a spectator. i have a pretty quik sc but it needs paint, so i would be a little embarassed to bring it to an event like that. my hood, bumper are red and driver fender is in primer on a black sc . :( "fruit of the loom"?
joe

Last edited:
Joe, the race is just outside of London Ontario which is about 2 1/2 hours fromt he Buffalo, NY border. I would not worry about the look of your car, if you ever look at the MMFF race articles there are always cars with primered panels and such, and they still get thier pics in the mag. Either way the race is to have fun, heck my car(if I get it finished) has a nice size dent in the passenger side fender :)

We have some guys travelling from Rochester Ny if you wanna tag along with them, email me and I'll let them know to hook up with you along the way. They are travelling to my house and then following my up to the track, I live just outside of Niagara Falls, Ontario.

cool, maybe i will bring the sc. i just have to get some shims for my new auburn diff. then she'll be ready to go. when is the scheduled date. also how much is it to enter. maybe i can shoot some primer on the hood and bumper so it won't look so busted.
joe
my e-mail rkurpie1@twcny.rr.com

www.v6ford.net is the race website and has all the details but here is a brief outline of the race.

Where: St. Thomas Dragway ( just outside of London, ONtario)
When: Saturday May 24th, 2003
How much: $40 US for open bracket and SC dedicated class, if you want to race inthe heads up class instead of the open bracket its an extra $10 for a total of $50US, anyone who is racing gets int he show and shine event for FREE. If you are not racing then the Show and Shine event is $14US or $20CDN.

Classes: Heads Up, Open Bracket(every car type is allowed) and dedicated car classes( ex. mustangs only, supercoupes only, probes only, etc etc etc.), Shone and Shine event.

Prizes: Heads - $200US cash for the winner, $100US cash for the runner up

Open Bracket - $150 US cash for the winner and $50US cash for the runner up

EACH Dedicated car class - $75US for the winner and $25 US for the runner up

Trophies for each class as well. As well as other prizes to be won from race sponsors.

Email us at v6fordchallenge@hotmail.com for more details and questions if you have any or visit the race website.

Back