Power Door Lock

MikeM

I did a search and found no one else posted of this problem....so here it is:

No matter how I lock my car (keypad, key, or button), the passenger side door will not lock. It looks like it lock and the little silver nub moves, but if I try to open it from the outside (while its supposed to be locked) the silver nub comes up with the door handle and she pops open as if it weren't locked.

Any Ideas? I'm gonna rip the door apart soon cause I got broken into last night but I just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem and fixed it.....changing the whole lock mechanism looks like a real PITA!

TIA,

-Mike

same thing happened to my car, the plastic plug that held the locking mechinism broke off of the door so it moved freely and never locked, i always had to lock by hand, check it out, it only costs 2$ for that, but you need small hands to get in there, i would say its PITA but its worth it.

I'll check again, but I don't even think it will stay locked even if I lock it by hand....you mean pushing the nub down, right?...or using a key.

the locking mechanism is stuck to the door with a plastic plug, if u take the door panel off, and then hit lock and unlock, look at the mechanism, if it moves, then it is not stuck to the door, which will not allow it to lock, good luck
Mike

Alright...i'll crack her open 2morrow. Is that plastic plug a dealer part...or is it a common part for various cars.....if so, where can I get it, and/or what is it called?

Back