PDA

View Full Version : Emergency brakes Problems/Questions

GARoese
04-22-2003, 07:44 PM
Its been four days now that I have been tring to get the emergency brake cable adjuster. Advance auto tried to order one but when I went to pick it up no part was to be found. After a few minutes of checking he finally said it was not available. This was also confirmed with their web site. Next went to Auto Zone, again no parts in stock, but I figured as much so they ordered the part. Went to pick it up, opened the box and of course it was not the correct item. Again after some time looking through books and the computer he said it must be a dealer item. Now I go to my local Ford dealership, He looks the part up and determines that the part is now obsolete. He does try harder than the parts stores and calls Green Sales Company and I hope in three days to finally have the correct. What are we going to do when more and more parts are no longer available??

Aaron Pedroza
04-23-2003, 10:28 AM
after a while aftermarket typically picks up the parts. We had the same prob with the DIS module. You can do junkyard searches for now.

vancouverBC
04-23-2003, 03:00 PM
Is that the spring loaded connector near the diff that sort of connects the main e-brake from the front to the wheels? If so, I've got 1 and will take a pic for you later. Good luck