What to get from a wrecked SC...

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
There's a wrecked early style SC in my local junk yard, im just wondering what would be 'good' items to get from the engine to have as spares or to replace on any of my otherh two birds. The engine is pretty much there minus the 'basics' like super charger, alternator, Dis, etc. To get the whole block it would be about $100-150...how does that sound? How about parts from the inside? Also, this SC has the front "SC" bumper still attached to it, but it has some minor damage on the passingers side. To get that from the junk yard it would be about $40..but Im wondering if its worth the money plus the repairs. ON a scale from 1-10 the damage to the bumper would be about a 3.5-4...ofcourse 1 being the least and 10 being the most damage. Thanx for any replies

Definately get the front bumper cover if you have a place to store it, repairing it shouldn't be that much, new 1s are over 600 +high shipping costs b/c of the size. Its hard to say about the engine, not knowing the condition. Brake, control arms, & electornics are always good to have as spares. Good find.

If it were me, I'd at the very least get the engine. That way you can have a "running" car as well as planning for future mods. You could build the spare engine up to what-ever stadards you want and then take a one-shot deal at getting it in. Just my .02 anyway. Interior -wise, the VMM if it has one and if you have one too. Maybe the seats of yours are looking worn. I;d go for a fold down back seat if I could get it cheap. Again, my .02.

Yeah, I also have a nice '91 (I think) SC near me. I think I'm gonna find out how much they want for the engine, then i'll rebuild it so it's ready to drop right in. Think i'll pull the supercharger too. Too bad stuff costs money. Oh well, just need to find a place to store it all!

Back