PDA

View Full Version : Lights flickering......AGAIN.

91BLOWNSC
04-23-2003, 01:17 AM
So, half the people on here probably know about the light problem where your lights flicker on and off when the fog lights are on. Well I had this problem for the longest time about a year back, and i found out that if you turn off your fog lights, the problem goes away. Well the problem just started happening again with my foglights off. And what worse, I already replaced the multifunction switch that controls like the windshield wipers and what not, and I replaced the pull switch to turn the lights on. Why is this happening again. It seems that the problem only affects my low beams. Because when I was driving in my driveway to come home, I helled back on the swtich to turn my high beams on (along with the low beams) and I could tell my low beams were flashing. And when i got into my car before I left, i pulled the switch to turn the lights on, and only my parking lights came on. I hadda flick the brights on then off to get the low beams to come on. Makes no sense what so ever. Can anyone lend assistance?

After rebuilding the entire engine, having to buy another SC snout seal for 50 dollars, have a trans rebuild, have the lights flicker...ect...im getting really fed up!

scbird1
04-23-2003, 02:18 AM
The problem seems to be with the wireing harness itself. If you look at the wires going to the mutifuntion switch you will see that they are a little melted. The paddle connectors need to be bent or made smaller. Your just not getting a good connection.
Good luck

ponyeeter
04-23-2003, 02:34 AM
i had the same problem and bought the wiring upgrade from SCP. its never happened again. it took less than a half hour to install

vancouverBC
04-23-2003, 02:19 PM
An interesting fact, it turns out that the horns & cigar lighter are also on the light curcuit, so you may need to check them also. Good luck

91BLOWNSC
04-23-2003, 02:30 PM
really? I have my radar detector plugged in. hm.....never had a problem before though.

TBirdDriver
04-23-2003, 03:48 PM
I had a similar problem on my 91 Ford Explorer.
turned out to be as scbird1 said.
The wires on the wiring harness going to the mutifunction switch were a little melted.

scbird1
04-23-2003, 04:53 PM
What I did to stop this is I hooked up my fog lights to another fuse so I can turn them on at any time. They look good during the day.