Trailer Hitch

I've looked high and low for a hitch for the SC's and have come up empty....the LX is avail. I'm assuming the ground effect (rear) is the problem or that hitch Manufs did not make any as Ford may have been against the idea of towing from a supercharged engine. Anyway, does Uhaul make a bolt on one. If so, then I'm headed there (I honestly did not even consider them)!....thanks

The owners manual clearly states not to tow with the SC. Overheating is the main reason since our head gaskets are so weak anyway. Pulling up hills will be the biggest problem area. I'd borrow a car designed for towing rather than taking a chance on blowing a gasket on a 3.8. Good luck

Hitch!!!

I picked one up from a place down in Van Nuys, Ca. A place called Hitchmasters. (718-787-7715) The one they sell has to be welded on, that's where you might run into trouble. Many places will not do it for liability reasons, but if you can find someone to do it and you do not mind having a permanent hitch on you car, it's the way to go. As far as towing anything with your car, it should be ok. I hooked up a 4X8 utility trailer, loaded my '97 Lowrider and drug it from Sacramento to Indiana down Interstate 40 in the middle of summer, and the temp never got over "M". They also have a web site www.hitch-web.com, but it may not be listed, you might want to call. Good luck! Oh yea, make sure your cooling system is working properly!!!!

Mike

Back