My Oil Pressure Light

badtbird

I drive a 1990 t-bird.
I was driving home from work, and I pulled onto my driveway, and my car just died, the oil pressure light came on. After a couple trys restarting it, I was able to get the rest of the way onto my driveway.
Now everytime I drive it, after about 8 minutes, the car will just die on me, most of the time I can restart it and it will take me home. But I am worried about my engine.
If anyone knows what it might be, I would muchly appreciate your help.

It could be a lot of things but 1st to mind is that the crank bolt and harmonic balancer broke and need to be replaced. That's the way it does just before they go out for good. It's not terminal. The oil pressure light along with a host others will come on when the engine dies, that's normal. It really needs to have the codes pulled to see what comes up. As I said it could be lots of things. It needs a good mechanics touch. Is there one less than 8 minutes away?

If the damper and damper bolt are OK then I would suspect the crankshaft position sensor as the nextr likely cause. Reading codes may or may not reveal a bad crank sensor.

Back