Fuel pump question......

EdmontonSuperCoupe

It looks like I'm going to have to change my fuel pump on my 92 SC...... I was just wondering what exactly was involved in changing it....... Do I have to drop my exhaust or anything like that......... Is it something I should even try myself or should I just get it done?........

My all-knowing SC friend and I just did the fuel pump on my '89 SC about 2 weeks ago. You will need to unbolt the exhaust from the connection right under the gas tank and let that part hang down. You need to remove (I think two) sheilds. Then you'll need to drop the gas tank out. Be careful when you do this so as not to mess up any fuel lines. Disconnect all the lines and pull the tank out from under the car. Reverse for installation (don't you hate it when people say that:D !) You can probably figure this out on your own, just make sure you have a friend around when you do it. It's kind of a pain, but it sure beats paying to have it done! Also, if you haven't recently done your fuel filter, you might as well do that at the same time.

Matt

Well when did they change the gas tank on the SC..... Maybe I'm wrong but I thought it was on the 92+...... So didn't the exhaust go around the gas tank?......

Back