View Full Version : Intake

04-23-2003, 10:10 PM
Where do i need to place gaskets in the Intake system and supercharger? I took off every part and seperated them. Where would i get these gaskets? And to seal the IC tubs I need the ATV copper seal, right?

04-23-2003, 10:20 PM
The only gasket I know of is the one between the 2 intakes. The rest use ford thread lock {that red stuff} You should look up
tbird88 for the gaskets for the ic tubes. You can reuse these.
Hope this helps.

04-23-2003, 10:25 PM
use ford gasket maker for the sc inlet and top. it's about 5 bucks for the tube, part #F8AZ-19B508-AB. you can get the i/c tube seals from ford to, the whole kit is about 30 bucks.
good luck

04-24-2003, 12:18 AM
Thanks guys


04-24-2003, 12:53 AM
It's locktite 518 available at Grainger. It is not thread locker it's a flange sealant, made for filling gaps up to about .010". This goes between the inlet and SC, SC and SC top. The TB to SC inlet has a gasket. The IC tubes use a Gortex teflon adheisive backed gasket. I wouldn't worry about finding it at the dealer, it's harder to get than SC fluid. There is a gasket between the lower intake manifold adapter and lower manifold.

Wynn has the lick on those gaskets hit him up.


04-24-2003, 02:50 AM
or just get it at ford, tell them what you need and they get it. nothing hard about it. i bought two kits so i have an extra one for next time. it only took two days to get them. everything comes in one box. you can get sc fluid at ford too, 15 bucks for a 4 oz. bottle. it's cheaper at gm dealers though.