plugs and a Knocking noise??

onebadchef

Hello,

Is it hard to put in plugs and wires on these cars? If so would it be worth it to take it to a dealership? Also I have a knocking noise in the drivers front. When the car is going down the road the alignment will be fine then hit a bump or a dip and the car pulls to the left and vibrates afterwards. What kind of problems am I looking at?

Thank you for your help!
one bad chef

plugs and a Knocking

Its not easy to change the plugs & wires b/c most of the work is done from under the car. Get a couple of manuals and learn about your car and how to fix it. The dealer will charge you an arm & a leg to work on you car, so look at the bottom of this page in the Jump Forum and see if you can find a group close to you for shops or guys that know about fixing your car. Good luck

That knocking noise might be a ball joint you need to get it checked out if you can't or else you are going to end up losing control of your car. It is a serious matter, get it checked out.

The 2 things that HAVE to work on a car are the brakes and steering everything else is a luxury. The engine doesn’t have to run the transmission doesn’t have to shift, but if you can’t brake or steer you are going to be in for a world of hurting.

Jeff

For the knocking noise,I would check the motor mounts.If it is
hard to remove the oil filter you may need motor mounts.
Motor mounts can cause noise that sounds like suspension noise.

Last edited:
Back