Need Help FAST!!!

MysticGohan51

ok i have posted before.....my fan will not turn on.......i have replaced the IRCM and the thing close to the top of the motor....some switch type thing.....now this is what happens.....for the IRCM when i plug it in only towards the top with the key forward the fan will go on but the car won't start since its not plugged in all the way.....so when i plug it in all the way the car will start.....but the fan will not go on....this has been a problem for over a month now and im getting pissed at the car...someone has to know what the problem is....thanks for your time.....

There are so many possable problems like wireing,comp,sensor.
Go to the search and look up how to wire in a switch to turn the fan on for now. My 93 has a problem with the fan comming on late. Its got to be the computer as I have replaced everthing else.
Most will say a chip will cure this but for now the fan switch or simply turning on the defrosters will work for now. Good luck

look on the control module harness and find wire 14 and cut it. this will turn the fan on when the engine is running. mine is like that for years now. i hooked up a toggle switch to turn the fan off for propper engine worm up. your ce light won't be on either.
joe

i don't know why but they are just like that, i changed my ect, iac, temp guage sender, fan control module (ircm), fan and the eec and nothing changed. so i just cut wire 14 and left it like that. no more worries about the fan turning on. don't connect anything to the cut wires except a toggle switch to reconnect for engine warm up.
joe

Last edited:
ok......so you think if i cut the wire it will be fine.....won't my fan burnout....???? also....like i said.....it will automatically go on when only the top part of the plug is in the ircm but when it is plugged all the way it won't go on ever.......

ok so right now......i can cut the 14 wire and i will be fine???? i won't have to wrry about the car heating up anymore.....and do i NEED to install a toggle switch or no?.....because this is real important for me....i really need to know...

yes, cut it and leave it alone. mine bean like that for about three years and i had no probs with the fan burning out. 14 is low speed. i only hooked the toggle switch up so it will worm up normaly it's cold in ny alot of the time so i want heat fast. in the summertime i dont even touch the switch. you don't have to hook a switch up though just cut it and forget it. you can see the #'s without unplugging it too so it will be easier without unplugging it.
good luck
joe

well man thanks a lot........im gonna do that right now...and yeah i know.....i live in buffalo man....and its good to actually see another person from ny kinda close......syracuse isn't too far away.....anyways man im gonna do it now....then tell you what happens later....thanks again......

you got it bro. if you need anymore help let me know. rkurpie1@twcny.rr.com ya, i used to have a friend in buffalo, i used to drive there once every two weeks. your about two and a half hours from here.
joe

Last edited:
hey bud......thanks a lot.......you were a great help....the fan is on and im so happy you have no idea lol....i don't care that i cut a wire.....its great...thanks again.....and im sure i will ask you more questions....thanks....

Don

got another new yorker here too....i'm in corning...not to far from either place...i'm also haveing a prob wid my fan, just gonna cut the 14 wire for now...thanx

cool, glad i could help. anytime you need help let me know. us new york guys should all get together some time.
my uncle lives in corning. he moved there because his job. i here it's pretty nice there. he's an engineer for dow-corning.
joe

that would be cool, how old r ya? maybe could go to lando's(night club)some time, corning aint to bad, was raised in elmira(southside)

Hold up wait a minute. If the fan comes on when you cut the wire it will also come on when you turn the AC on. You can then use the AC to turn on the fan. It will shut off all by itself when you reach about 40 MPH.

If you disconnect the temp sender fot the EEC the fan should also come on. Try that first B4 you start cutting wires.

Jeff

See here also

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22352

i tried that too, i think it runs rich when you unplugg the ect. i had problems starting, sometimes it would act like it was getting flooded with it unplugged. i would have to plug it back in then start it, that turns high speed on.
joe

Back