Lowered ride-suggestions

Charkly

Ok-I have a 93 sc-with 5 spoke custom wheels, running falken fk-451's 245/35/zr18 tires. Its lowered 2" with eibach sportlines And sits about 3.5"off the ground. Ill post pics soon-but i was wondering if there was any way to make the ride less harsh-it handles like a go kart-and i love it-but i can feel pebbles on the road its so sensitive-thanks. Also-every bushing in the car is polygraphite.

Well, IMO your main problem is the tire size ... you have very short sidewalls, those tires would be almost 2 inches smaller in rolling diameter than the originals ... not a very good combo for ride quality. Also, are you sure about the springs you have ?? I've never seen a listing in the Eibach catalogue for anything other than the 1.5" drop Pro-Kit for our cars ... the Sportline springs are only sold for a few very popular cars like Civics, Mustangs, etc. If you do have a 2 inch suspension drop, plus almost another full inch from the change in tire diameter, I'd say that the car is likely very close to the end of the suspension travel while sitting at ride height, and the shocks are bottoming out too easily. What are using for shocks ? If they are still the original Tokicos, or something else that's low-dollar, consider a set of Koni or Bilstein shocks all around.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

FYI

The 1 1/2" Eibach springs on mine lowered it almost right on 2".

I'm running BFG 255/45/17 ZR's on 17X9 Cobras and, with the stock struts, bigger swaybar and tower brace, it goes round a corner like a go-kart. But, it still has a ride I can live with all day long. ;)

Lee

lowered

That sounds badass-i got everything wholesale cuz my friends dad owns a tire business-anything on tirerack or from falken wholesale. Its pretty cool. I wanted to go as low as i could on the tires-and it looks badass. thanks for the info.

post some pics.

my friend and I both have the eibach kit on our SC's. His has 255/50/16 tires, mine has 245/50/16 tires. He parked next to me in my driveway last night, my trunk is lower, my mirror is a hair lower, and my trim on my door starts at the bottom of his trim. But his car looks lower since his wheels fill up the wheel well more. But in actuality we figured mine is like 1/4 inch lower than his. We both figure it to be the sidewall of my tires.

I noticed before just having my two sitting in the garage next to each other that the black one was lower than the silver one just by having different tire size. My silver one has 225/60's still but I'm going to put 255's on it when I put the motor back together cuz otherwise I'll just liquify the 225's.

lowered

I had to take off my mudflaps because they rubed the ground. Mine sits about 3.5" off the ground in the center-and I think it looks amazing as hell. The 35's may ride harsh-but ive never been in a car that felt that controlled in a corner-its amazing.

Back