Has anyone bought hyd line for m5r2?

windstarpro

If you bought the line from Ford, did it come with the unique o-ring that sealed the line to the master cylinder? Also, is the master cylinder snout and hydraulic line end fitting the same on the F-150 as our cars? I really need this unique o-ring, and I can't get anything to seal it.
Dave
MMN3 USN

Nope, it doesn't crack. Its made out of some material that doesn't get brittle, it stays pliable. If you are wanting to put another line on it, get a new one. The aluminum end will chafe on the inside of the slave cylinder fitting, and the center seal of the aluminum end has a plastic o-ring retainer that likes to crack. I paid 70 bucks for mine online. Worth it if you want a leak free clutch system. That line was the reason I had to buy all three synchro-slyders, second gear, and reverse drive gear. I didn't know better. Hold on to that seal though!
Dave
MMN3 USN

MMN3?

What is an MMN? I was a Nuke MM1 about a million years ago but don't recall an MMN rating back then.

Hey, how are you? How long ago did you retire? Or, did you go to a utility? Which ship, boat did you serve? Im still at prototype here in Charleston SC, on MTS-626 Daniel Webster. The only thing that distinguishes us nukes now adays on paper is the N-Nonconventional. We are sort of our own thing. Im sure you remember. Im proud to have gotten to do what I do, so I make it obvious.
Dave
MMN3 USN

Oh, yes, only on advancement exams, otherwise, you are right it is MM3, or MM1, or maybe some day MMCM :)
Dave
MMN3 USN

Six Factor Formula

I sent you an e-mail, hope that you received it. It was way too long for a private message

Back